Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

love notes??

Options
  • 22-12-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

This might seem sad to some people out there.

Anyway i've bought a card for my boyfriend for Christmas & i've drew a blank on what to write on it.

Now obviously i want to tell him how much i love him etc but is there any poetic people in afterhours ??

Mods please feel free to move.

Thanks guys in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

IS there any need to tell him you love him in a Christmas card ?

A handjob says "I love you" in a more poetic way than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's not *exactly* CW material, but you'll get less tripe than in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tusky wrote:

A handjob says "I love you" in a more poetic way than anything else.
    Ha ha ha, lol!!!!

Funny how it works, a blow job says I fancy you rotten, a hand job says I love you, and total celebicy says 'we're married'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

OP just doa search on love in here, you should find something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm no expert on cards by any means, but I would imagine "Happy Christmas" might be a start. He's your boyfriend, what do YOU think?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

IMO...nothing means LESS than using someone elses words or sentiments.
    Seriously, if you have deep enough feelins for someone it should merit atleast 2 nice sentences even for the hopelessly wordless.
    By all means use what you find here but wouldnt it mean more coming from your own words?

sorry...just a tiff of mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Maybe look at a photo of him and write what comes into your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Why don't you include a list of all the things he does that turn you on the most, thereby making it possible for him to use those "against" you ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Angels wrote:

Now obviously i want to tell him how much i love him etc but is there any poetic people in afterhours ??

Now it might seem a tad obvious but you could just write the traditional Dear John, I love you loads, happy christmas, lots of love, Mary" approach. He's going to appreciate it just as much, and quite frankly, more then what you may attempt poetically if you can't think of anything to write on the card in the first place. :)

I think I'd find it a bit wierd to receive poetry in a card from my girlfriend at Christmas. Just to clarify - are you looking for an amazingly worded declaration of undying love, or actual poetry? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Just say something sweet and simple. Use your own words, not someone else's poetry. Imo, when I get cards that have poetry in it written by someone else, it's kinda like... ok... do I want to read this? But yeah... just write from your heart. He'll love it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement