Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron Pictures

Options
  • 22-12-2005 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I will be getting a laptop for my wife in the new year. Being a woman aesthetics are very important! I'm thinking of a DELL Inspiron 9300 or 6000.

The trouble is, there are no high-def pictures of their laptops on the DELL website. If someone owns a current Inspiron 9300 or 6000, could they please post some pictures? I'd be really grateful for a look.

Is the 9300 very bulky? Could someone who owns one give me their opinion?

Thanks,

Di11on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

My god thats huge. But if you want a good looking latop. Sony vaio fs series by far the prettyest out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Cheers man - that's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Here are a few pics: http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/3946.jpg
    http://liquiddreams.ws/9300Review/big/sidebyside.jpg
    http://img59.exs.cx/img59/5755/9300b8zq.jpg
    http://img99.exs.cx/img99/3145/compar13mu.jpg (9300 is on the right)

Hoya doin, I myself am an owner of Inspiron 9300. Marvellous piece of kit. The 9300 has a reputation of being bulky, and whilts that may be true compared to other laptops, in itself, it isn't a massive chore carrying it around. However If you feel that your wife would be put off by carrying something that isnt light, then don't get it. The 9300 like I said is a marvellous laptop in terms of performence, but the average Joe probably woudn't require all the power of a 9300. If she just needs it for internet , email, mp3's, then the 6000 woud be more than enough. However you said she was keen on looks, have you had a look at the Inspiron 630m; http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/inspn_630m?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Its relly lightweight and I know thats it's pretty popular with some of the girls at college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

@ Charlie:

Thanks for the pics - just what I was looking for, to see it beside another lappy for comparison purposes. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

My god thats huge. But if you want a good looking latop. Sony vaio fs series by far the prettyest out there
    They're actually not that pretty (The keyboard colours are all wrong)...and they're shoite:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

I'm also a 9300 owner and love it. If you get one make sure to upgrade the screen. It's a waste, of a good size screen otherwise. Was really handy watchin DVD's or playin games while away. Although it is big compared to others, I think it's well worth it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

coghlac3 wrote:
    I'm also a 9300 owner and love it. If you get one make sure to upgrade the screen. It's a waste, of a good size screen otherwise. Was really handy watchin DVD's or playin games while away. Although it is big compared to others, I think it's well worth it.

I would agree. Have one my self and love it. Had a 5100 before it and that weighed a toone compared to the 9300

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I would think that the Latitude series are better looking and not as bulky as the Inspirons.
    However, I agree with the Vaio FS recommendation. Gorgeous laptops and they come in a range of different colours. Sony have some nice deals at their outlet too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

WizZard wrote:
    I would think that the Latitude series are better looking and not as bulky as the Inspirons.
    However, I agree with the Vaio FS recommendation. Gorgeous laptops and they come in a range of different colours. Sony have some nice deals at their outlet too.

Do sony have an outlet store like dell?

Any links?

Karoma wrote:
    They're actually not that pretty (The keyboard colours are all wrong)...and they're shoite:)
    Keyboard colour??
    And their really excellent value for money man!

Keyboard colour??

Espiically if you buy from the Dell outlet store. I saved about €300 ur on a good one there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Keyboard colour??

kearnsr -> that was re: the VAIO FS...
    The colours don't match properly (But that's re: aesthtics.)
    As for value for money.. i used to work with Sony... they're not. Believe me.. They're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

was going to get the 6000. but I went for the 630m. Its practically the same. And dell deliviered it in less than 2 days. Quality Delivery service. Got it this morining.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

I'm thinking of getting the 630m when the sales begin. Is it good quality build, weight, performance etc.?

Karoma wrote:
    kearnsr -> that was re: the VAIO FS...
    The colours don't match properly (But that's re: aesthtics.)
    As for value for money.. i used to work with Sony... they're not. Believe me.. They're not.
    Think were talking bout a diff model the keyb is exactly the same colour as the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Wouldn't recommend the 9300 myself.

All it is is a 6000 with a bigger screen that weighs a great deal more and costs around 400€ more then the equiv. 6000.

A mate of mine has one while I have a 6000 so have fair amount of experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

RichyX wrote:
    Wouldn't recommend the 9300 myself.

All it is is a 6000 with a bigger screen that weighs a great deal more and costs around 400€ more then the equiv. 6000.

A mate of mine has one while I have a 6000 so have fair amount of experience with them.

Sorry mate can't agree with you there. I had a 6000 which wasn't upto scratch so I upgraded to a 9300. The 9300 is a gem. I think you're just jealous of your of mates better laptop:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Sorry mate can't agree with you there. I had a 6000 which wasn't upto scratch so I upgraded to a 9300. The 9300 is a gem. I think you're just jealous of your of mates better laptop:p

Name me one single advantage of the 9300 over the 6000 as a laptop.
    You can't say screen as a 17 inch on a laptop just makes it less portable and a bit pointless imo.

My mate paid 1450€ for the identical spec I paid 1050€ for, and his bastard thing won't even run games for some reason.
    We'll put that down to Dell being hopeless at installing things though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement