Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards like site in the UK/London?

Options
  • 22-12-2005 11:17am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of a site similar to boards for UK/London? It would be a handy way of integrating more in the London scene if we could actually talk to Londoners, rather than people back in Dublin which seems to be where most people on this site hail from.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

not yet, not that I know of.

There are more than a few boardsters that live in london though.

They have all posted in this forum for drinkies once before I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

BEAT wrote:
    not yet, not that I know of.

There are more than a few boardsters that live in london though.

They have all posted in this forum for drinkies once before I think...

More drinks?

Missed last one for various reasons which dont come to mind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

BossArky wrote:
    Anyone know of a site similar to boards for UK/London? It would be a handy way of integrating more in the London scene if we could actually talk to Londoners, rather than people back in Dublin which seems to be where most people on this site hail from.

Hi, Mr BossArky,
    There are hundreds of similar sites throughout the UK! so are you looking for similar London sites? (of which there are dozens),
    or are you looking for one board that covers the UK (England/Scotland/N.ireland/Wales)?

pm me a few links from those sites you speak of arthurf,
    is there one based mainly around scotland?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

ArthurF wrote:
    Hi, Mr BossArky,
    There are hundreds of similar sites throughout the UK! so are you looking for similar London sites? (of which there are dozens),
    or are you looking for one board that covers the UK (England/Scotland/N.ireland/Wales)?

Yes, I'm looking for London sites. Can you post up a few links please? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Here's one that comes to mind!

I cant post the link here but if you would like to send me a PM I can send you the link. See, we cant advertise otehr sites on boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

You sure we can't advertise if someone is asking ? People have advertised plenty of sites here before

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ArthurF wrote:
    Here's one that comes to mind!

I cant post the link here but if you would like to send me a PM I can send you the link. See, we cant advertise otehr sites on boards ;)

actually beat, we can.

what we dont do is advertise pay or profit sites, but i have allowed useful ior informational sites on work forum for years.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

ok so what is the link? thanks.

thanks for that wwm ;)

http://www.ukchatterbox.co.uk/chat/london

that is the link that was posted, hope it helps.

• Advertisement

BEAT wrote:
    http://www.ukchatterbox.co.uk/chat/london

that is the link that was posted, hope it helps.

I have looked at that link a few times and it seems pretty hopeless - a lot of lonely hearts and random hook ups posted there. Anyone know any better sites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭FREEBBC

Try Digital Spy
    DSits is British.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/

That's the right link to the forums for that board, but it looks both busy and dull at the same time - quite a negative achievement.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ugghhh at that chatterbox site, painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

while not quite boards like..

www.gumtree.com is all you ever need for everything in london :)

while not quite boards like..

www.gumtree.com is all you ever need for everything in london :)

Thanks vAGGABOND, that is exactly what I was looking for. Managed to arrange a jam with a fellow yesterday and another one this evening. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SoulTravellin

Craig's List is another option and quite good as well.
    http://london.craigslist.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Prestonian

The best site I can think of is www.urban75.net/vbulletin/ it has a huge community and is pretty friendly.

Edited to add, it's not just for Londoners, actually, there is a lot of Irish posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

So no UK version of this Boards. I just moved to London and would like to see one. Maybe someone can create a UK and/or London forum under the Regions section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Im in the same boat as D-ARKE, well Ive being here a bit longer but would like to find more things to do with more Irish people, theres a very small contingent of us on my course. Dont get me wrong, I have good craic with my English friends, Its just not the same as being out with the Irish, is there any chance of getting a London group added in this section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Nah - there aren't enough of us really to do a London sub-group. However, feel free to start a London thread, and if your content's good quality, informative, streamlined content I'll be happy to sticky it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

BIG UP DA LONDON POSSY!!!1

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Im in the same boat as D-ARKE, well Ive being here a bit longer but would like to find more things to do with more Irish people, theres a very small contingent of us on my course. Dont get me wrong, I have good craic with my English friends, Its just not the same as being out with the Irish, is there any chance of getting a London group added in this section?
    You could head out to Greenford (NW London) on a Sunday afternoon and get involved with the GAA peeps there, join a team, meet loads of people and get excercise thrown in for free.

If interested let me know and I'll try throw up a map link and directions.

Advertisement