Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nortong interenet security 2006

Options
  • 21-12-2005 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

bought this rubbish in camtec in navan, found it a total disaster

what would be a good excuse to get my money back, surly if i say it made the pc much slower they will just tell me to bring in the pc

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Norton has always been a resource hog, but 2006 is a joke. How much memory do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

256mb

its actually a clients pc that i am dealing with

think he deserves his €75 back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

grrrr norton,why are they allowed still sell that muck? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

They make pretty decent backup software.....that's about it.
    I'd swear sometimes their internet security package mucks up the system on purpose so your inclined to backup alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

bought this rubbish in camtec in navan, found it a total disaster

not familiar with it but can you tell us what was so bad about it ? ... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's known for being a resource & bandwidth hog, with almost contstant updates to keep it effective, with 'effective' meaning 'decidedly so so' in reviews I've read on the net and in some magazines.

read some user comments at Amazon.com for a very mixed bag of opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

The_Edge wrote:
    They make pretty decent backup software.....that's about it.
    I'd swear sometimes their internet security package mucks up the system on purpose so your inclined to backup alot.
    Nah, they bought the backup software! Bought, not made. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

WizZard wrote:
    Nah, they bought the backup software! Bought, not made. ;)
    Just like microsoft with the result that backups are very incompatible across versions. Dos 5 / Dos 6 / WFW / 95 / NT3-4 / NT5 ( not to mention that to restore in NT4 you may have to match the service pack to the one the backup was done under :rolleyes: )

Advertisement