Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

dvd player for xbox

Options
  • 21-12-2005 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any good software to allow you to play dvd's on your xbox?

I have xbmc installed and it works great for divx, music however I'm having alot of trouble playing dvd movies.
    Some won't start and others will stop part way through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What version of XBMC?

Any version I've had (ver on Slayer's 2.6 install CD -> 18-12-05 t3ch) have played perfectly. It's more than likely an issue with the dvd drive in your xbox/dvd media you're using/dvd burner/burn speed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The integrated player into xbmc is fine, never had a problem.

Is there another dedicated app dvdX or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

I'm not sure what version of xbmc I have. Someone else put it on for me.

I'll try upgrading to the latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I've both old and new XBoxes and they both start playing DVDs find (via xbmc) but as the movie goes on, it starts stuttering. The same DVD's played fine with the original XBox DVD kit. I'm using an xbmc build from earlier this month. Also, I can't launch a DVD from either Evolution X or UnleashX. Nothing happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Both the same build? Try the latest CVS. Does the issue arise with DVDX2 also?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

xbmc dvd player stilll has a few bugs seeing as its relatively new. it sometimes freezes when changing layers on the dvd. dvdx is a good player but it has a lot of problems with the remote, works fine with the controller though.

i use the ms dash option in the main menu of the evox dash and have no problems. you can run it with an unlocked harddrive too. only problem is that youll need a controller plugged in to use igr to get back into the evox dash, or get off your chair and restart the xbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

DVDx2 is the original modded version of the MSdash dvdplayer that was region free, it has an awkward interface but it should play all dvds with menus. Avalaunch dashboard has a built-in dvd player with menus as well but I've been using xbmc since they included dvd menu support. Build 10-10-2005 works fine for me so maybe try a few older/newer ones yourself as you can often get a dodgy build with some features broken. Remember to delete the xbmc gamesave when swapping between different versions as settings from one version can screw up another

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I have 2 different xbmc builds (one from earlier this month and one from October). They are both from xbins and are not variant builds. Never thought of the MS Dashboard route. Will give it a go. Will also try DVDx2 and report back.

Advertisement