Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jetting Gas Appliances

Options
  • 20-12-2005 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭

I have a query for any gas man, or woman out there in boardsie land.
    I just got a Baumatic Gas hob and it comes jetted for Natural Gas, which I ain't got.
    It has also got spare jets supplied for LPG.
    I want to run it on the big red Propane cylinders which are a handy size of around 34kg what are the correct jets? or do I need a size which I haven't got?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi CJ,

You will need a regulator fitted outside usually for domestic purposes they take two cylinders of gas but they can be got with one outlet.

AFAIK the jets on most LPG gas appliances are designed for Propane, most can be adjusted to take Butane (small cylinders) either.

You should use a qualified installer to fit the regulator and connect to the appliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thanks pete,

Advertisement