Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c# text editor

Options
  • 20-12-2005 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

creating a text editor in c# using mdi forms.
    does any one have any code to add an explorer form to the project.
    i.e when a new blank document is opened the name of this form is added to another form.
    like in textpad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

This sort of question isn't really allowed here, IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

and whats wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

No homework questions. No expecting something to be done for you.

who said anything about homework, i'm looking for help, go find another thread to spoil

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Is the 'Explorer' form supposed to show a list of open documents so ? You'll have to create your own really to suit your own needs but it should be fairly easy, just add something like a listview or a combobox (in the non-dropdown kind of mode) control to it and dock it to 'fill'. Then when you open/close a form create and add the appropriate listviewitem or comboboxitem to it, or remove the existing one. Altough I'd prefer to just add the listview/combobox to the main mdi parent form and dock it to one of the sides.

• Advertisement

thanks

stevenmu wrote:
    Is the 'Explorer' form supposed to show a list of open documents so ? You'll have to create your own really to suit your own needs but it should be fairly easy, just add something like a listview or a combobox (in the non-dropdown kind of mode) control to it and dock it to 'fill'. Then when you open/close a form create and add the appropriate listviewitem or comboboxitem to it, or remove the existing one. Altough I'd prefer to just add the listview/combobox to the main mdi parent form and dock it to one of the sides.

Advertisement