Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who chopped Peter Jackson in half?!

Options
  • 20-12-2005 6:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

I seen an interview with him on Popcorn a couple of days ago and wtf? Thats an incredible amount of weight he lost. He looks like Peter Jackson's kid brother ;) That must have took a serious amount of sweat, fair play to him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

To behonest with you, i was used to seeing a thin Peter Jackson, as i'd had a copy of Bad Taste (Great laugh to watch pi$$ed with your mates) for years, so i actually got a shock when i seen how big he'd gotten around the time of LOTR , but yeah, fair paly to him for losing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Apparently all he did was switch to a muesli + yoghurt diet and cut out all the junk food. He also got laser-eye surgery because he said he was sick of being off on shoots and having his glasses covered in rain and muck.

Fair balls to the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I was used to the thin peter also from his Bad Taste flick. Was a bit shocking to see the weight piled on him. Great to see he's lost it again. He's looking well and is a director on absolute top form. Looking forward to his next effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

djkeogh wrote:
    I was used to the thin peter also from his Bad Taste flick. Was a bit shocking to see the weight piled on him. Great to see he's lost it again. He's looking well and is a director on absolute top form. Looking forward to his next effort.
    production on halo. wants to take a break from directing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Now he needs to just cut the fat out of his movies. Saw King Kong last night. Was easily 50 minutes too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Yep, saw his interviews recently and my first thought was "where's the fat bespectacled geek?".

He's had the eye surgery, he's had the liposuction, he's had the old eyebrows tweezed into shape, he's had the beard trimmed. What a sell-out :p

Michael Moore is thankfully still keeping it real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

production on halo. wants to take a break from directing :)
    He's directing Lovely Bones in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Lodgepole wrote:
    jesus. he doesn't stop... suppose he's on quite a roll now anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Lodgepole wrote:

2007, I believe.

Release in 2007. It goes into pre-production in the new year. I don't think they've started writing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ah, right you are so. Workaholic or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Given the trouble there has been within the insurance industry that covers
    the production of films the likes of Peter Jackson who is writer/producer/director
    he would have been as a high risk by the californian insurance underwriters.
    So the weight loss is for health reasons and for busniess reasons.
    Easy to do it when you can higher a cook and a trainer.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

well, i heard he lost it from working 21 hour days on king kong, not doing pilates with a trainer. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

LundiMardi wrote:
    well, i heard he lost it from working 21 hour days on king kong, not doing pilates with a trainer. ;)

Crazy!

Havent heard of that kinda workload since Gibson did Braveheart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

LundiMardi wrote:

I'm sure he was allowed to take a nap when they were shooting the boat scenes....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

LundiMardi wrote:
    thats what I heard too. And that the media were sickened because they wanted a new fad diet to pin on him.

rubadub wrote:
    thats what I heard too. And that the media were sickened because they wanted a new fad diet to pin on him.
    Doesn't make an awful lot of sense though. He's been working like a slave ever since he first started writing The Frighteners... You'd think the Lord of the Rings workload would have slimmed him down if anything but he came out of that still being a fat ****.

Advertisement