Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC not picking up External HDD

Options
  • 19-12-2005 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

Just recived my stuff for building an external HDD today. The Stardom U6-1 series HDD cabinet for SATA HDD and a 250gig seagate SATA HDD. XP will say found new mass hard drive and then say ur new hardware is ready to use but when i look for the HDD in My computer its not there. Even when i go to unplug it and right click to say "remove mass storage device" it brings up the HDD and then clicking stop says i can now remove it safely.

It is not appering with any drive letter also. any help, much thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

needs to be formatted, go start -> run -> compmgmt.msc -> storage -> disk management, right click on the drive and format

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

needs to be formatted, go start -> run -> compmgmt.msc -> storage -> disk management, right click on the drive and format

BAH! im slow! yup, Thank you, that sorted it!

Advertisement