Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stallone - Too good an actor

Options
  • 19-12-2005 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

He's too good an actor for his own good :)
    Hollywood legend Sylvester Stallone needed urgent medical attention after being knocked unconscious whilst filming a scene for the belated sixth Rocky movie, Rocky Balboa.

The 59-year-old star suffered the injury when he shot film scenes in the ring just before the middleweight World Title clash between boxers Jermain Taylor and Bernard Hopkins in Las Vegas, Nevada, earlier this month.

After suffering a vicious blow to the head the movie star fell unconscious, but the film crew failed to raise the alarm, believing he was still acting.

Stallone's mother Jackie says: "At first everyone thought Sylvester was acting when he fell to the floor, but it was serious.

"Fortunately he's recovered now."

http://breakingnews.ie/2005/12/19/story235823.html

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The most worrying aspect of that article is that they are making Rocky 6!! Sly your a bit too old at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

He was too old for Rocky 3. This is pathetic imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

59.... what's he doing getting in a ring in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Is'nt it about his kid this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

If they used the movie to highlight the issue of aging boxers coming out of retirement for one last pay cheque, and portrayed Rocky as a sad, pathetic figure, then it might have it moments, but of course they won't and we're gonna be treated to a Hulk Hogan style comeback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Rocky rules , bring on Rocky 6 and I cant wait for Rambo 4 either !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

"At first everyone thought Sylvester was acting when he fell to the floor, but it was serious."
    Well, Stalone has always given some of his best performances while unconcious or at least when he's not opening his stupid mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Richelieu

Bring on Rocky 12, octagenarians soiling themselves during slap fights in the middle of the hip ward. Sly pumped so full of botox that he can't even breathe. The show must go on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

good old stallone, sounds like he's finally out done De Niro for method acting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

sprinkles wrote:
    He was too old for Rocky 3. This is pathetic imo.

well nobody cares about your opinion it is a film not a real life story. superman can fly, and rocky will win the world title at 59.
    the fact that stallone was k'o ed is a good indication of how good the fight scene will be. in rocky4 he had to rest for a month due to the realism of the trainig scenes and they were amazing in the film. i will be first in line to see the film. and anybody who is soooo narrow minded to take rocky seriously, but would happly sit through narnia needs to get a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I think he plays the trainer in this one, not the actual fighter himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Sneak preview...? (BB needed) :D

grimloch wrote:
    I think he plays the trainer in this one, not the actual fighter himself.

no hes fightin its based on he george foreman story i have seen the pic of the shooting of the scene before the title fight in vegas stallone is in great shape he looks better than danny williams or audry harrisson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

peckerhead wrote:
    Sneak preview...? (BB needed) :D
    haha class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so the sixth is called rocky balboa as of imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479143/ I looked it up to who is going to be playing the bad guy only person mentioend is Antonio Tarver??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

After suffering a vicious blow to the head the movie star fell unconscious

Sly, this is your first warning, God doesn't want Rocky 6! (though Rambo 4 would be more than relevant now....)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

or at least when he's not opening his stupid mouth.
    You do realise he wrote all the rocky movies, is a member of mensa and has an IQ higher than Einstein right?

I kid you not..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) has now been retired for some time, but hard-up for money, he decides to step back into the ring against a few small-time boxers. Everything changes, though, when Rocky is offered the opportunity to step in with the reigning Heavyweight Champion, Mason "The Line" Dixon. Does Rocky still have what it takes to make another Championship comeback??
    Source: IMDB

A little Rambo IV info here.

Sly, this is your first warning, God doesn't want Rocky 6! (though Rambo 4 would be more than relevant now....)

this is YOUR first warning shut your mouth you dry shiite killjoy if you dont wanna see it............................... DONT i sure as hell dont want you to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

well nobody cares about your opinion it is a film not a real life story. superman can fly, and rocky will win the world title at 59.
    the fact that stallone was k'o ed is a good indication of how good the fight scene will be. in rocky4 he had to rest for a month due to the realism of the trainig scenes and they were amazing in the film. i will be first in line to see the film. and anybody who is soooo narrow minded to take rocky seriously, but would happly sit through narnia needs to get a life.
    post of the year everyone!! right on..heh heh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

ApeXaviour wrote:
    You do realise he wrote all the rocky movies, is a member of mensa and has an IQ higher than Einstein right?

I kid you not..
    well, not to take away from your post, but did you know Einstein was dyslexic?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

ApeXaviour wrote:

I kid you not..

Did you know !!!

He was born on exactly the same day as President George W Bush (6th July 1946).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

We need a remake of Death Race 2000 and bring back Stallone for it!

Yeah your dead right. No one cares about realism....so why not get mararet thacher to play rocky
    :rolleyes:

Retard.

If you read wht I said I think you'll find I wasn't saying that rocky was supposed to be realistic.......Dolph Lundgren doesn't even cut it as a human being ffs....but my point is that SS is too old to be playing rocky AGAIN......Let it go. Its over....get a new role to play

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

faceman wrote:
    We need a remake of Death Race 2000 and bring back Stallone for it!

rofl

yes!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Someone must have heard us

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452608/

check out the director... he's useless!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*sigh*

is nothing sacred?

sprinkles wrote:
    Yeah your dead right. No one cares about realism....so why not get mararet thacher to play rocky
    :rolleyes:

Retard.

If you read wht I said I think you'll find I wasn't saying that rocky was supposed to be realistic.......Dolph Lundgren doesn't even cut it as a human being ffs....but my point is that SS is too old to be playing rocky AGAIN......Let it go. Its over....get a new role to play

fair enough but i dont think people would go to the film if maggie thatcher was in it, also he has been in the previous 5 films, wrote and is directng it so id have to say id go with stallone as at the moment he is type cast as rocky.

btw i aint no retard you stupid fool what did santa clause bring you??? a ****ing wise guy attitude??? i wont call you a retard as that would be a compliment ad id get barred for targetting the disabled.
    ****in thick wanker bastard hitler sympathiser

My views on Hitler are of my own concern thank you very much as are my masterbating practices.

My origional point was that they SHOULD NOT BE MAKING ANOTHER ROCKY FILM. The last one was kak. Of course SS is the only one to play rocky but he's been there done that, this is only draggin a once great franchise and rehashing it for a few quick $'s. Sad imo.

He should concentrate on Tango & Cash 2 ....if only

• Advertisement

sprinkles wrote:
    My views on Hitler are of my own concern thank you very much as are my masterbating practices.

My origional point was that they SHOULD NOT BE MAKING ANOTHER ROCKY FILM. The last one was kak. Of course SS is the only one to play rocky but he's been there done that, this is only draggin a once great franchise and rehashing it for a few quick $'s. Sad imo.

He should concentrate on Tango & Cash 2 ....if only

i hope he pulls it off but it will be more of the same stuff, i want to see another rocky id say alot of other people do too as the film is in production so why not give the people wat they want for a change. i never saw a rocky film in the cinema so i am happy as i can see this one. stallone aint a fat mess either he is in great shape then add a bit of cgi and he aint so sad

Advertisement