Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies you should have seen but havent.

Options
  • 19-12-2005 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok my mates were talking the other day about Indiana Jones movies, and I was like I have never seen none them. They couldnt believe I had never seen an Indiana Jones movie. So what I am wondering is there one out there that have never watched some movies which they should have seen according to their mates.

Mine are the following:

The Aliens Trilogy
    The Godfather Trilogy
    The Indiana Jones Trilogy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

E.T

haven't seen it, but no doubt it will be on during christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

You re not alone!

Ive never watched the Godfather films either - don't wamt to either. My friends are aghast.

More recently, haven't seen Kong yet - will fix that this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I have in fact never seen E.T either lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

WDK wrote:
    The Aliens Trilogy
    The Godfather Trilogy
    The Indiana Jones Trilogy
    You haven't seen THESE films?

Get out of the film forum, tbh.

Just leave.

And by god, don't come back until you've seen AT LEAST Godfather 1 & 2, Alien and Aliens. You heathen.

--

Personally, I've never seen The Killing or Pathes of Glory. Harder to come by than most of Kubricks work.

This is what I mean, I have just never got round to seeing any of these movies like. Aliens have never really interested me, nor does the adventure stuff that is Indiana Jones, although I must get hold of the Godfather trilogy having just recently got into to The Sopranos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I have a feeling this thread is going to give me a peptic ulcer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

I've never seen anything directed by Martin Scorsese, but I'll get around to it...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

I haven't seen Casablanca yet... gonna watch it over the holidays though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh.. I've seen everything... and if I haven't seen a film, I probably know enough about it to pretend I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've actually got a couple of films here on DVD that I've not gotten around to watching yet, such as The Grudge (Original of course), Onibaba and maybe a couple of others. Other than that, there's probably a few old classics that might've passed me by, but nothing I can really think of offhand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have a few DVDs I haven't got round to watching either :)

Haven't seen Citizen Kane yet but not for want of trying. There is always something on that makes empty head me forget to tape the film.

Same deal with the Third Man. Have taped it 3 times and on three ocassions my parents have taped over it before I got around to watchng it. They did the same with the last episode of last seasons 24 after I hadn't missed one of them. Still haven't seen it. My parents aren't very far away from being killed in mysterious circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Aguirre Wrath of God
    Amadeus
    Battle of Algiers
    Battleship Potemkin
    Bicycle Thief
    La Dolce Vita
    Festen
    Fitzcarraldo
    Jules et Jim
    Rocky Road to Dublin
    Snow White
    Solaris
    Talk Radio
    Triumph of the Will
    Whatever Happened to Baby Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I've never seen Casablanca, Gone with the Wind or Citizen Kane all the way through, and most film critics would say I’m not entitled to an opinion about films until I have.

Truth is I wouldn’t be bothering buying them, and just have never caught them on TV (Unless I was drunk), but I’m probably doing myself a great injustice as I love other films form that time (Lost Weekend, Maltese Falcon and of course, Hitchcock's work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Am I the only person on the planet who has never seen ANY of the Star Wars films?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

BigCon wrote:
    Am I the only person on the planet who has never seen ANY of the Star Wars films?

On this planet, Yes , but i know a guy on Endor who has'nt either (Ha ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

BigCon wrote:

Scumbag.

I've never seen The Godfather/Apocalypse Now/A Clockwork Orange/probably a good few more.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

BigCon wrote:
    I haven't watched any of them in full either. They just don't work for me!

I haven't watched Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind either. Maybe I should :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Never seen any of the Jaws movies. Or anything with John Wayne. Gone with the Wind is another one. Never intend to watch any of them either.

Movies I haven't seen but want to (Off the top of my head, and netflix queue)

Paths to Glory,(I think it's about the only Kubrick movie I haven't seen)
    Battleship Potempkin
    Fitzcaralldo
    Dial M for Murder
    Stalker

Yup I forgot about Jaws movies I have never seen them either, thanks for reminding me Jimi.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Well i've never seen Citizen Kane but i'm going to make it my business to see it as it on this Christmas. Though i think it's on, if memory serves me correctly, at 3am??Wtf?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the godfather trilogy
    once upon a time in the west/america

and i have "Glengarry Glen Ross" in my list of dvds to watch. it's been there for almost a month now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Gone with the wind is bring tripe that no one should watch tbh. I haven't seen the Godfather trilogy. I probably will over Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I still haven't got around to watching The Shawshank Redemption. Something I constantly get slated for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Well i've never seen Citizen Kane but i'm going to make it my business to see it as it on this Christmas. Though i think it's on, if memory serves me correctly, at 3am??Wtf?:confused:
    That's right, it's on very early Christmas morning.
    FILM: Citizen Kane
    Channel: RTÉ 1

Date: Sunday 25th December 2005
    Time: 03:00 to 04:55
    Duration: 1 hour and 55 minutes.
    Director: Orson Welles
    Starring: Joseph Cotten, Dorothy Comingore, Agnes Moorehead, Ruth Warrick, Ray Collins, Erskine Sanford
    (Black and White, 1941, U, 5 Star)
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=58187
    Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Movies I haven't seen but want to (Off the top of my head, and netflix queue)

Paths to Glory,(I think it's about the only Kubrick movie I haven't seen)
    Battleship Potempkin
    Fitzcaralldo
    Dial M for Murder
    Dial M for Murder is brilliant. Citizen Kane is great and I'd also recommend the Magnificent Ambersons.

I've never finished watching Stalker. It's kinda hard going.

I also have and really liked the first half of Le Regle de Jeu but never watched the second half. Lord only knows why... Some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i've never seen any hitchcock movies.. but there's a huge murder of crows outside work for some reason so i've vowed to try and buy The Birds this evening before i go drinking. hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The Great Escape, Blade Runner and Dr Strangelove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Bottle Rocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

ok lets get this straight people, there's only ONE jaws movie, mmk? ONE!!!! The others are just mistakes.

There are loads of films i haven't seen, but that's most likely because i didn't want to see them in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I've only seen/own (with me these days, its pretty much the same thing, as I don't watch TV or rent DVDs, the only way I see films is if I buy them) two Hitchcock movies - Rear Window and Vertigo. Psych is the next movie I really plan on picking up.

I haven't seen 2001 - A Space Odyssey (sp?) yet, and I mean to, and the same goes for Lawrence of Arabia and the Seventh Seal. I'm not overly pushed about Gone With The Wind. I';m trying pretty hard to catch up on the classics though; in the last few weeks I got myself The Wild Bunch, The Searchers, A Clockwork Orange, The Seven Samuri and Rear Window.

Advertisement