Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Pavilion ZV 6252ea

Options
  • 19-12-2005 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

Looking for a laptop and stumbled across the notebook in the link in some shop. Most of the specs seem pretty decent. Also, they only want 1,300 euro for it. The hard drive speed isn't the fastest. I'll be mostly using it for working online, which involves up to 10 explorer pages open at once, as well as two or three word files.

I'll also be using it for recording and mixing music. I reckon it'll be able to handle all that, but then again I've very little experience with notebooks.

Opinions? Alternatives? I can't really stretch beyond 1300 euro. I can, however, wait until early January, when Dell will more than likely have a new double memory offer.

Cheers

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/21675-38187-38191-38191-38191-12256128-64399451.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Thats not a great spec for €1300 :S

The processor is good, but it wont give you great battery life. The graphics card is pretty shoddy too.

What do you want from a laptop? screen size/battery life/portability/games etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chillum

I don't care too much about the graphics card, I won't be doing a whole lot of gaming with it, maybe a bit of Age of Empires or something. Mostly, it's for home recording and working online with a whole bunch of internet pages open at once.

See, it's fairly low priced for a notebook with 1gig of RAM and a 100gig HD (I think), which is what's attracting me to it.

The battery life doesn't bother me a whole lot either, as I'll be using it to replace my desktop, bringing it from home to work and back again (weight isn't an issue).

I'm quite happy with the screen on it, the resolution is pretty good.

Which of the specs aren't so good? I'm new to all this, so all comments are gratefully recieved! I won't be buying for another few weeks, so I've not made my mind up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Have you actually "seen" the screen - you cant judge a laptops quality on its resolution alone. I have an AMD 3400 laptop and i love it, it keeps my hands nice and warm during the winter too. It's just not right for everyone and its pointless getting that processor for something that wont be gaming imho. You could save yourself alot of money by buying a lower spec machine and buying a big external hard drive. Ram is also easy and cheap enough to upgrade yourself (just remove it if you ever need to send the laptop back!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

consider this for 1300 also .
    the screen quality is superb - better than a sony x-black.
    its fast quiet and runs stable , i just bought one and i needed it for the same stuff as you - it really is a fantastic machine i think.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/21675-38187-38191-38191-38191-12203226-53923017.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chillum

Thanks for the suggestions. I need a decent processor because of the music recording/producing. I'll be having quite a few tracks running together at the same time, as well as recording along with them.

commited - Yeah, I saw the screen. It was pretty good. Good enough, at any rate.

C_Breeze - That's a decent looking laptop. I'll go do a bit of research on it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement