Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Network Problems

Options
  • 19-12-2005 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Got a laptop a few weeks ago and want to transfer my files from my pc at home to it. I thought the handiest way to do this was by setting up a home network. I did this this morning but it wont seem to transfer any files. This is prob because i dont have a clue what im doing tho.

I went through the steps in the network connection wizard and i seem to have somethin connected when the network cable between the laptop and cpu are connected but still cant send files. The connection status in connected and im actually on the internet on the laptop typing this message so the net is working throught the network cable.
    Anybody have any ideas on what i did wrong? or any better ideas on how to connect the laptop to the pc without having to start burning files to CD's and all that.

One more thing i noticed is that on the pc the network is coming up as a network bridge is this part of the problem? On the pc it appears to be called local area connection and my name.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks

Comments

Advertisement