Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBMC...getting it to work...ar anything to work!

Options
  • 18-12-2005 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

I have a Xenium ice chip which is successfully installed, I've added Evox M7 as a bios and have the xenium OS 2 on the xbox by default. I've burned Slaters EVOX 2.6 to a CDRW, got it loaded, chose 'Install XBMC to a retail drive'...and it copied files across to the E: drive where I can see them.....and nothing else happened.

I can't load XBMC, can't find an XBMC related .xbe file, can't get the box to do anything really.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating as I feel I'm so close....can anyone offer any tips on how to get XBMC working on my Xbox?

I have FLashFXP installed on my PC and can FTP successfully to the Xbox, can see all the drives, have copied XBMC across via FTP and STILL nothing works.

Any help out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭chabsey

Anyone? I'm going mad here trying to get this to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

It depends on what dashboard you are using (evolution-x, unleash, avalaunch etc). I'm not sure about your setup but dashboards usually autodetect applications that are stored in e:\apps and/or f:\apps direcxtories so that they appear under the applications menu after a reboot. You should try to move the folder that contains xbmc to the e:\apps or f:\apps folder, reboot, go to applications and see if xbmc is there.

Never mind, have totally screwed my xbox. Looks like it's probably unfixable too, which is very annoying. It was trying to connect to live and the cable was pulled out. Now it won't boot at all, just flashes red continually.

Damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I doubt its unfixable if you have a modchip installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Start again with Slayers boot disk, from there you should be able to FTP into the xbox.

Depending on your bios, it will point to a certain dashboard to boot first(evox)

Get the latest XBMC from the usual sources, it now uses an xbe redirector.

So you can install xbmc into e:\apps, and renamed the redirector to whatever your bios can boot(evoxdash.xbe or whatever)

Simple, that will set XBMC as your default dashboard.

If you don't want that, and would rather use evox(uggh!), then you may need to reload it onto the xbox.

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote:
    I doubt its unfixable if you have a modchip installed.

Well here's hoping, I've one last chance, the recovery mode on the Xenium chip, if that doesn't work then I've no idea what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

zabbo wrote:
    Start again with Slayers boot disk, from there you should be able to FTP into the xbox.

Depending on your bios, it will point to a certain dashboard to boot first(evox)

Get the latest XBMC from the usual sources, it now uses an xbe redirector.

So you can install xbmc into e:\apps, and renamed the redirector to whatever your bios can boot(evoxdash.xbe or whatever)

Simple, that will set XBMC as your default dashboard.

If you don't want that, and would rather use evox(uggh!), then you may need to reload it onto the xbox.

UnleashX + Avalaunch + XMBC

Advertisement