Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the new nightclub in sligo

Options
  • 17-12-2005 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

normally i hate nightclubs and the sort, but i was wondering when the new one across from toffs was opening, as generally it cant be worse than anywhere else in town, or could it... :v:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

i heard it's opening in feb but others are saying it's opening for new year?? Ur guess is as good as mine! EEEEEEk stephens nite & new years eve are going to b jammers in Envy & Toffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Ooly wrote:
    i heard it's opening in feb but others are saying it's opening for new year?? Ur guess is as good as mine! EEEEEEk stephens nite & new years eve are going to b jammers in Envy & Toffs
    ive heard that this new nightclub is just gonna be a replacement for Envy and they are turning the current Envy into apartments . So thats bad :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

envy gone? good stuff.
    Hope this place is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Envy is an awful hole. I hate going there on Wednesday nights but Toffs isn't open. Its so over priced as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Resistance

Ya Envy is a hole. I heard that building is just a empty shell at the moment so I doubt it will opened for February

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

according to a taxi driver (yes, it sounds gossippy) the owners of the building are looking for an exorbinant ammount per week in rent (i think it was around 14k) anyway, it seems the owners would be pricing themselves out of the market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I just read in the weekender, the blue lagoon bar at riverside is being changed into a nightclub... can't see too many going there- it's quite out of town

+ there is also the fact that it's a sh1thole

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Anyone know who owns the new club?

if you mean the one out at blue lagoon its some guy from carrick on shannon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Did Peter Henry not own the blue in sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

if you meantheone opposite toffs, i hear its McGarry, current manager of envy. Probably more gossip.

well yea he does , its not a new club rather a new site for envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cheeky Munky

I heard it will be open @ Easter

just been told that its not a new envy rather something altogether better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 danxtremeclean

Just jumpin in here, I know the guy who bought the blue lagoon and trust me, it will be one top place when its done... theres a massive amount planned to be spent and this guy cuts no corners....... if the plans are anything to go by, your in for a big treat!!

i seen an ad in the champion looking for staff for the new place across from toffs, so it must be on the way soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Pitty to see the Blue Lagoon go, I used to love popping in for the pint after Scuba Diving. Any idea when its gonna close down?

Advertisement