Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do i need to Busk? (other than talent)

Options
  • 17-12-2005 3:26pm

my band and i want to give busking a shot, but we're not sure what we need.

there's 4 of us, 3 acoustic guitars, 2 voices. so i think we'll be loud enough on the guitar side, but maybe not on the voice side.

Also, what do we need in the way of a permit?

All help appreciated

Emmet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭selephonic

You don't need a permit to busk on public property but have to abide by the environmental noise laws or whatever. If you just busking with a few acoustics and a little ampage you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

If you're worried about vocals not being loud enough, get some Roland Microcubes!
    Use the JC clean amp setting, adjust the tone to your style, and throw on some reverb!
    20 hours of battery life oughta give you 2-3 days of use on each set of batteries, too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

A set of gloves with the fingers cut out for fretting could be handy in this weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

BossArky wrote:
    A set of gloves with the fingers cut out for fretting could be handy in this weather.

My God you need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭charloman

dont bother with any amps or any of that rubbish... get out with the acoustics and sing without mics and amps... it'll benefit u in the future by strenghtening your vocals. u'll be much stronger singers and will never strugle with volume....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I concur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

What do i need to Busk? (other than talent)

Maaan I need new gags :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

my band and i want to give busking a shot, but we're not sure what we need.

vocal chords and an instrument. after that its all down to what you do when you use them.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Don't worry... you don't need talent to busk.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

Agreed.

Good weather is a must for busking though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement