Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Docklands Christkindel Festival

Options
  • 16-12-2005 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

Cost: Free

Place: Georges Dock, IFSC

Time:
    Friday/Saturday - 12 noon to 8pm
    Sunday - Wednesday - 12 noon to 7pm

Finishes Wednesday 21st December.

This market is mainly German themed, and it's worth going just to try the mulled wine (a heated mixture of wine and fruit juices, i think). I know only a few places that serve it. There's also a bar serving Erdinger, a fantastic Wiessbier for those who are unfamiliar with it, and you can get Bratwurst as well.

On top of that, there's handicraft stalls, and hoop toss. Christmas is celebrated slightly differently in Germany, but there's not really any emphasis on the differences, so it wouldn't be confusing for the young ones.

If not going for the Erdinger, you definitely wouldn't need to spend more than an hour there to take it in.

They seem to encourage ordering in German, but they'll tell you how to say it anyway. "Ein Mulled Wine bitte" - One mulled wine please

More info here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I went last Sunday. Quite enjjoyed it. Had mulled wine, bratwurst and weissbeer :)

Advertisement