Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whaterver happened to the rocket?

Options
  • 16-12-2005 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what happened to a guy called the rocket, i cant remember his real name. He played for notre dame up until 1990 i think. As far as i know he then went to the canadian football league but i never heard of him since.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HuskerZ

He is a commentator for College Gameday the Weekly ESPN College Football Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

The Rocket was one of my college class mates, and track team mate when I went to Notre Dame. He left at the end of his junior year to go in the draft, but ended up signing for Saskatchuan instead (some Canadian Team) for something like CN$25million over 5 years. He returned a punt for a TD is his first ever game. He returned to finish his degree during the off season, and did graduate. He eventually went to play for the Raiders I think, but never really realised the form he showed at ND. He was also a great sprinter also, and was All american in the 60yards indoors. Him, and another classmate, Rusty Setzer used to have great battles during the indoor season. He never ran much outdoors, as he couldn't make the 100 or 200 distance.

He also had a brother who went to Syracuse (I think). Qandry, or something. He was known as the Missile, don't know what ever happened to him.

I still have the cover of SI on which Rocket appeared, autographed by himself...a true collectors item.
    Domer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

ND kool. Did you live in Amercia when you went to ND or somewhere else? Wonder what grades would be needed to get into an american college?

I lived in wet and dreary Dublin, but was recruited to run Track for the Irish in the late 80s, was there from 88-92. Tuition is very expensive, but there are great scholorships. I scored 1200 in my SATs, which would just about get you in now. To go there with out some financial aid is quite expensive... current tuition and accomodation is about US$40,000 per year. Check out the college at www.nd.edu. They are actively encouraging non us applications, and I even hear that there has been a guys specially hired to try get kids from Europe, partucularly Ireland to go.

Hope this helps,
    Domer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I was offered a partial scholarship to North Western on the basis of my SATs (high 1300s) but it would have still cost me 25k a year to have studied there!!!!!!

Nice info guys. But how do you take SATs over here? And what do they consist of?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Nice info guys. But how do you take SATs over here? And what do they consist of?

Ask in the education forums, i reckon.

It was 18 years ago when I took mine, but they consisted of 6 x 30 mins exams. 3 English and 3 Mathematics. It is marked out of 1600. I took mine in St Pats in Drumcondra in June, but there are a few sittings throughout the year I think.

Check out http://www.collegeboard.com for some more data.

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement