Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Films that you came back to and hated the second time...

Options
  • 16-12-2005 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

It's weird how that happens. It happened to me with 'The Game' and 'Predator 2', 'easy rider', 'the dreamlife of angels' and loads more
    some films you just shouldn't watch twice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Watched Michael Collins again recently, first watched years ago when it came out.
    Realise now how inacurate and dramatised it actually is, really didnt enjoy it the second time :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

don't think there was any I loved first time and hated on second viewing. They may not be as good/scary/funny but thats because these things rely on first viewing, especially horrors and comedies.

Although I have enjoyed films on second viewing much better than first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

War of the Buttons. I was really young when I first watched it but when I watch it now I see that it really isn't all that great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Napoleon Dynamite - just not funny the second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Houston Griffin

I wouldn't say hated, but I was a lot less impressed with American Beauty and Good Will Hunting the second time I saw them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Fight Club, really annoyed me the 2nd time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Sin City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Fight Club

Watched it around 7 times in one year the first time I got it on DVD and would have had it in my top 5 of all time had anyone asked.

Watched it again recently and its lost something, I cant quite figure out what but I think its Edward Norton's performance - annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

The Rock (the movie, not the "actor")

I guess I forgot how much I hate Nicolas Cage the first time I saw the film...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

This happens a lot with movies i seen as a kid, then hated as an adult
    (Bound to happen i suppose).

One that springs to mind from recently is Wes Craven's "Shocker", which for some reason i liked as a 12 year old, but just coul'nt wait fo it to end when it was on the Sci- Fi channel last year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement