Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia 7800 - Current Thoughts?

Options
  • 16-12-2005 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭

So I've been looking at getting a 7800.
    From my research so far I've gathered that getting a GT instead of GTX is a smart decision as the price to performance ratio isnt very good when it comes to the GTX. You could pay at least €200 more for the GTX with only maybe a 20% performance increase (See Overclockers site for examples).
    Getting a 512mb is just pure insanity :eek:
    Not too sure which is better BFG, Leadtek, XFX etc but I have been warned off Leadtek as unreliable?

So anyone got any of these card and if so any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

I come here for advice , not to offer it , but recently in reading pczone they give an indication of how the game plays on systems and rate the systems 1 to 5 . Games that fall into the 4 category are looking for 512 to run at their best . So maybe we are heading that way .Having said that it also seems that we will have a new card to add into our systems next year in the form of a 'physics card' so maybe this will take some of the load off the graphics chip .

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Well, from what I see in the reviews, the best 7800GT is the EVGA 7800 CO which performs nearly as good as the 7800GTX! It even outperforms it in some configurations.. It comes factory overclocked at 470Mhz Gpu and 1100 Mhz memory. Definately the best buy for a 7800GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Well, from what I see in the reviews, the best 7800GT is the EVGA 7800 CO which performs nearly as good as the 7800GTX! It even outperforms it in some configurations.. It comes factory overclocked at 470Mhz Gpu and 1100 Mhz memory. Definately the best buy for a 7800GT.

Know any good places to get he EVGA version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I don't believe that you can buy them locally. Your best bet is to try German websites or to try ordering direct from the USA.

Otherwise try Ebay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

What about the XFX GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 eXtreme? Its gpu is 450 MHz and its has a memory spped of 1050 MHz and it comes factory over clocked as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

angry_fox wrote:
    What about the XFX GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 eXtreme? Its gpu is 450 MHz and its has a memory spped of 1050 MHz and it comes factory over clocked as well.

Overclockers seem to be offering the same card here but it appears to be different in appearance?

According to reviews the BFG card that you can get at overclockers is one of the best... the OC (overclocked version) should be a good investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Im running a 7800GTX with a 3800+. I runs perfectly in everything, but make sure you have a processor to match. Anything below a 3800+ will prob bottleneck it. A 3200 - 3500 will work nice with a 7800GT. Great cards whatever you get, highly recommended.

I just received my EvGA 7800GTX 256MB which I'm running with a 3700+... I have no complaints :D

Advertisement