Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

personal deception

Options
  • 16-12-2005 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

forging memories to keep up with the lies

theres nothing like vengence on those you despise

dark days, sad ways,
    black & grey & cold

friends & lovers come & go
    memories are old

Digging your grave from the day you were born,
    with rebel mind in place.

cover it up with your money & smiles, clothes of pretty lace

theres no doubt about it, theres fear in your heart,
    as you finally take off the mask

and sitting alone with head in your hands,
    you see life wasn't given as a task

but you pushed it away for fear of rejection
    and took up some silver instead

and now as the lowly dance and be merry

you put a gun to your head...END

I know the punctuation is bad but I'd like some feed back .. good, bad & ugly !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

My English teacher would have a fit ( punctuation) but I loves it. Fave line:friends & lovers come & go
    memories are old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cjs19

Vey nice good rhythm, even without punctuation. Here comes the harsh part, although take it constructively please. I cant help feeling it's a little teen angst. Why must every poem end with suicide? It also seems a little melo dramatic "you put a gun to your head...END", come on? It's stomach churning. If it is absolutely necessary that you use gun imagery, why not approach it from a different perspective? Lennon and McCartney, instead of using, "I want to kill myself with a gun so I can escape this tormented life...END" simply wrote "Happiness is a warm gun."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cjs19

Vey nice good rhythm, even without punctuation. Here comes the harsh part, although take it constructively please. I cant help feeling it's a little teen angst. Why must every poem end with suicide? It also seems a little melo dramatic "you put a gun to your head...END", come on? It's stomach churning. If it is absolutely necessary that you use gun imagery, why not approach it from a different perspective? Lennon and McCartney, instead of using, "I want to kill myself with a gun so I can escape this tormented life...END" simply wrote "Happiness is a warm gun."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The rhyme is too forced, it needs to be blended in better, like eyeshadow.

Advertisement