Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Shower trouble

Options
  • 16-12-2005 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi I installed a triton t90Si about 6 months ago
    This shower doesn't even get daily use but already you need to have it on full to get any type of hotish water out of it
    I assuming it calcium in the water that has coated the inside of the tank ??
    Is this covered under the warranty ?
    What are my options ? Is there a way to flush the shower unit ?

Thanks
    Declan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Its under warranty and they will call out to fix. Ring them , the main maintenace co. for leinster is based in Maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

it has to be turned up progressively as winter sets and your tank of water cools down.i don't know about descaling the heater in the shower .if you have no heat on 'low' but some heat on 'high' then one of the elements isn't
    working properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi decki...

As Johnny pointed out it is best to call Earthridge Maynooth who are the service company for Leinster, they are not expensive buy other standards and very fair.

If you call them and the fault is caused by your system like lime scale they probably won't charge you the first time but will tell you the cause and maybe suggest a solution.

If you have to call them in another 6 months then I expect they would charge the full rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

davelerave wrote:
    it has to be turned up progressively as winter sets and your tank of water cools down.i don't know about descaling the heater in the shower .if you have no heat on 'low' but some heat on 'high' then one of the elements isn't
    working properly

That is right you need to slow down the flow of water throught the heater as the water has to be heated through a higher temperature difference.

Turn down hte temperature and see does the water flow increase.

A problem I had was that the inlet filter was blocked reducing the flow of water. removed the inlet pipe unblocked it and fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have a T80i...and since the winter has come in I have to have it up at #8-9 to have a hot shower....especially in the cold mornings.
    On the milder days I can put it back down to 5-6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Hi ya Dec

Take off the cover and bleed the unit. It shows how this is done in the instruction booklet. It may be just an airblock restricting the flow.

While you have the cover off check also that the temperature button was set correctly when it was originally installed, you may not be running at the maximum temp. Again you'll need the instruction booklet.

Have you calcium in your area ? If so its unlikely that minimum usage in 6 months would create a build up in the unit.

Outside these I'd suggest a faulty element.

Happy Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I know my triton has two heaters. I had similar symptoms when one of the heaters blew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I have a T80i...and since the winter has come in I have to have it up at #8-9 to have a hot shower....especially in the cold mornings.
    On the milder days I can put it back down to 5-6.

The T80 is run off mains water ( as opposed to Tank) so the water will be colder.

Advertisement