Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite clubs

Options
  • 16-12-2005 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

You know what I mean, you play with a guy and he says he prefers the 5 iron to the 6 and 7 irons... Has anyone got any weird club fixations?

Years ago I used to have a thrown together set of my dads old clubs. I used to hit the 8 iron almost as far as the 4 iron, so needless to say that was my favourite club back then!

What club would you feel most confident standing up on a teebox with it in your hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

css wrote:
    What club would you feel most confident standing up on a teebox with it in your hand?

1 iron :p

seriously though, i gotta say driver. recently i feel like i cant miss it when i'm standing on the tee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

has to be the 8iron. held it from 140mts, twice:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Halo wrote:
    has to be the 8iron. held it from 140mts, twice:cool:

I did that twice in one round when i was about 16 in a club matchplay! Never holed an iron since :/

Dman_15 wrote:
    I did that twice in one round when i was about 16 in a club matchplay! Never holed an iron since :/
    i was 1 under playin 15, holed the 8iron to go 3under. had a double-bogey on 16:mad: par 17+18...i was not a happy camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd say the nicest club in my bag is my v-steel 5 wood, its actually a 4 wood and goes a mile and its so easy to hit,recently slicing the nuts of it though but its beautiful.

As for my favourite club I'd say its my 7 iron, I love having a 7 in for my second shot, roughly i hit it round the 150 mark and I'm jsut so accurate with it =D It just has a nice feel and you feel good looking down on it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

I used have a 5wood that I could talk to....fade it left, right - drive it high, low...anything between 170 and 220 yards I'd pull that 5wood out of the bag. I don't think my current 5wood understands english though

I used have a 5wood that I could talk to....fade it left, right - drive it high, low...anything between 170 and 220 yards I'd pull that 5wood out of the bag. I don't think my current 5wood understands english though
    why did you get a new one:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

why did you get a new one

I needed a new set of irons so I decided to go the whole hog and get new woods also.
    Anyway, I needed to get away from the dependancy I had on that 5wood and learn to hit low irons properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

I'd say the nicest club in my bag is my v-steel 5 wood, its actually a 4 wood and goes a mile and its so easy to hit,recently slicing the nuts of it though but its beautiful.

I'd have to agree here. I have a V-Steel 5 wood and I love it! The satisfaction of striking it sweetky is indescribable:v:
    I love my Spin Milled lob wedge. Anywhere from 100 yards in I have complete confidence in sticking it close. Best part of my game tbh

Advertisement