Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this any good?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Not for the price no, have a look at the laptop sections of www.dell.ie and www.komplett.ie tbh, dell have a decent enough laptop range for reasonable prices, komplett are good for prices on everything generally. I bought a HP-Compaq pc recently (2 years ago), very unreliable and overpriced for what I got, tech support and customer service is bollocks too (as in confrontational when they do eventually answer the phone).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Laguna wrote:
    Not for the price no, have a look at the laptop sections of www.dell.ie and www.komplett.ie tbh, dell have a decent enough laptop range for reasonable prices, komplett are good for prices on everything generally. I bought a HP-Compaq pc recently (2 years ago), very unreliable and overpriced for what I got, tech support and customer service is bollocks too (as in confrontational when they do eventually answer the phone).

hmmm , a friend of mine who is really into IT recommended this.
    he said HP are one of the best , hassle free and stable machines you could buy.

its basically a PC for college tasks etc.
    so i just want it to run fast, stable be reliable and look good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well buy it then if you trust his opinion, I'm really into I.T. myself and say you're being overcharged for what you're getting, but hey, who am I but an anonymous internet randomer?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

ok then.
    well the only thing wrong with it that i see is the graphics card isnt so great - but i dont need it for playing games.

but anyhow ,i just wanted to see what other people think also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Laguna wrote:

I got a way better Dell 9300 for about €350. Laguna is right shop around and you can do way better for the kinda money your looking to pay.

Go the they Dell Outlet store and you could get a very decent bargin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

HP laptops arent great - i'd only consider one if it were dirt cheap.

If you just need a laptop for college stuff and no games, then you dont really need a decent spec, so spend less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

dont buy that lappy - its bad value

go to the dell site and spend some time lopking at their specs

their prices change every 2 weeks or so and sometimes there are BIG differences - i got a lappy at 20% discount to the price at anytime over a 8 week period - so unelss you need to move urgently take some tie

also with the ny sales approaching? u can also haggle with them over the phone - its not official policy but they will do it if you have an alternative product

if you want it for college then portability and battery are most important ( i presume) but dont expect to play hl2

thats my cents worth !

Advertisement