Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corporation Recycling Scheme

Options
  • 16-12-2005 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Cork Corporation has a recycling scheme in place where people put their paper, plastics, cans and so on in special bags that get collected seperately from normal waste.

I was just wondering where this stuff goes and how much of it is actually recycled.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭turbine?

Galway have a similar scheme. I think the metal goes to galway metals (local scrap metal merchants)? I heard this about 6th hand so it probably isn't correct!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

People in Cork are getting suspicious that it all ends up in landfills - if you see the back of the pick-up trucks, they seem to compress the bags very muchwhich would make sorting the stuff far more difficult later on you'd think!

/places tinfoil hat upon head

Advertisement