Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas wish list

Options
  • 15-12-2005 10:33pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, me old chipmunks.
    Whats santa bringing you for the chrimbo, in the line of woodworking tools.

Are there any sophisticated gadgets out there in the line of woodworking, I was always partial to high tech measuring , laser ect,tools me self.
    But I'd gladly settle for some more carving chisels, you can never have enough of them.

Now I'm off to get the young lad, to show this post to the missus.:D :D:D

kadman:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Santa's elves will be parting with a few more of there tools this year I'm afraid, you said it, tis a few more carving chisels for me :D you can never have enough of them, no.

The things are fairly pricey, but worth it. I seen a lovely box set of Marples carving chisels a year back or so in a shop in Waterford and like an eejit I didnt snap them up while I had the chance, they were darn cheap! Oh well, lesson learned, :( .

Hope your plan works ;)

CroppyBoy1798

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Don't think I'll get anything Spent enough lately (Last 2 months) Got new tools - DeWalt chopsaw, compressor, pin gun, makita jigsaw, circular saw & sds drill and a set of marlpes chiesels

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

dogg_r_69 wrote:
    Don't think I'll get anything Spent enough lately (Last 2 months) Got new tools - DeWalt chopsaw, compressor, pin gun, makita jigsaw, circular saw & sds drill and a set of marlpes chiesels

Well poor you......you lucky beggar.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

kadman wrote:
    Well poor you......you lucky beggar.
    Went a bit nuts there for a while on them Still once a van comes in January thet'll be it for a while
    (till I see something else :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Fox 3/4hp morticer and I fancy one of those self levelling lasers .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Well, I've asked Santa for a VB36 (see here), but I don't think my letter got to him in time :) Plus if he dropped it down my chimney, the house foundations would probably cave in and collapse. Still, I can dream, can't I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bitbuilder

Well, under the tree there are a couple of boxes from Dieter Schmitt fine tools - but I gave the family a very long list of possibilities from that website so I'm not sure what's in them!

For my own "santa" presents to myself, I was very good to myself this year - I got a fox morticer, an oscilationg spindle sander, and 4 veritas plaves which are winging there way across the atlantic at the mo, a BU jointer & fence, a router plane, a medium shoulder plane, and a Low angle Block :):D:)

Les

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

bitbuilder wrote:
    Well, under the tree there are a couple of boxes from Dieter Schmitt fine tools - but I gave the family a very long list of possibilities from that website so I'm not sure what's in them!

For my own "santa" presents to myself, I was very good to myself this year - I got a fox morticer, an oscilationg spindle sander, and 4 veritas plaves which are winging there way across the atlantic at the mo, a BU jointer & fence, a router plane, a medium shoulder plane, and a Low angle Block :):D:)

Les

Hi Bitbuilder,

Would you mind posting a link for that site. I thinks it unfair that you should have all the goodies............. I may get a late prezzie from santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

well I got me a nice new 18v cordless Dewalt drill with a fast charger that I can use with my transformer to charge it up! Very nice just need a project now! Ah the thoughts!

Advertisement