Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting laptop to TV

Options
  • 15-12-2005 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

How do I go about connecting my laptop up to the TV?

I have all my videos that I've taken on my Fuji camera on the laptop, and it'd just be easier hooking it up to the TV rather than us all squashing up and gathering around the laptop to watch them.

Oh and my laptop is a HP Pavilion ZD8000 series.

Any help would be very very much appreciated :) Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

According to the HP website those laptops have an svideo port.

So you've to look at your TV and check the connectors that it can take.
    1 or more of
    Scart, RCA, co-axial antenna connection

Then look for an appropriate adapter. Perhaps HP provided an Svideo to RCA connector?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svideo
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 smashingpumpkin

Hi

Ive exactly same question. I want to show photos on my TV from Laptop.

My TV has RCA ports, so if I buy an RCA Jack, will this work?? My Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 9300.

Thanx a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Youre laptop should have an S-video out, so i'd say you could get a S-video > Single RCA cable to view them if youre tv doesnt have s-video in

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

After much recommendation, I bought a cable from this crowd in the US. Very fast delivery, very competitive price, very happy customer! Less than a week and I had it in Dublin.

Not great for working with laptop, ie: using as a replacement screen, (although maybe that's just my TV needing some tuning) but perfect for what you guys want. Watching movies etc.

Well recommeded it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

A word of warning - the vast majority of laptops have s-video out. A certain percentage of TV's have trouble with this when using a standard s-video to RCA cable. The only cable known to work is from the crowd ButtermilkJack mentioned.

I went through four s-video cables before I got one from s-video.com that worked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement