Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limericks new pubs

Options
  • 15-12-2005 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Anyone visit either of the new bars in town yet. Harris's or The Cornmarket. Was in the cornmarket the other nite very kewl and chilled out with an enormous tv wall down the back although I heard they cant use it for matches yet. Must try and get to Harris's this weekend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

I was in Cornmarket on the opening night last week, Aslan played a free gig there. There's a massive pillar right in front of the stage that obscures the view which is gonna piss people right off for any gigs that are gonna be there, and they're obviously aiming for that because of the stage. I don't know what the idea of the giant 'video' wall behind the stage is, it just kept flashing the name 'Aslan' all the time I was there. Grotesque waste of money if they can't actually show anything on it.

Also there were a fair few scumbags roaming around in there, somebody was attacked outside as well and there were cops all over the place.

Not a good impression for me anyway, won't be going back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Wow, knackers at an Aslan gig? I'm shocked and surprised. Wouldn't write the pub off yet (though I haven't been there yet), Aslan attract scumbags.

Harris' looks good, and should add to the Riverfront, but as the barmaid in Flannery's said, "it's a Dublin pub built in Limerick" so time will tell if it can succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I was in Harris's Monday night, I thought it was really classy. The crowd were quite middle aged though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

The crowd were quite middle aged though

Discracefull ! .... just point them out ..... ;)iog5ky.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Was in the corkmarket on Friday. Loved it. Strange mix of a crowd but that added to the charm. Some band playing good-ish covers so thumbs up from me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement