Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless network down recently?

• 15-12-2005 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭

anyone having trouble connecting to the wireless networks around campus?

i bought a laptop there a few weeks back, and came into dcu with it last week and it automatically found the networks, and connected fine. i put in the proxy details for the dcu server and could browse outside pages no bother.

this week it doesn't seem to be able to find any networks. tried in both CA building and Henry Grattan and no joy :confused:

i disabled my firewall and had a go, and it still can't find any.

went to Network Connections and tried repairing the Wireless Card but it goes to "Connecting to Wireless Network" and then fails....

anyone know what i could be doing wrong? or is the wireless network just a bit tempermental this week?

should i bother going down to CSD? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

CSD are probably having enough hassle at the moment. The network will be fixed when they can, I am sure they have loads of people on it.

They're probably bogged down in this:
    Hello All

There has been an email sent out to many undergraduates titled:Account Alert.
    It asks you to click on a link supplied in the email and then to enter your
    accout details. Please note that CSD will never send an email like this.
    Clicking on this link will infect the machine you are using with a virus.
    We would ask you to please just delete the email and do not even open it.
    The sender was a security@mail.dcu.ie.

Again we would ask you not to click on this link just delete the email and
    remind you once more that at no time would anyone in CSD send an email like
    this

Finally if you have clicked on the link in the email entitled Account Alert
    please call into one of the student helpdesks so we can see about removing
    the virus from your machine. They are located in C215 top floor of the henry
    grattan or on the ground floor of the library. These desks are open from
    8:30 to 8:00 monday to friday and 12:00 to 3:00 on saturdays.

Regards
    Student Helpdesk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'm just wondering though if it's working for other people though or if i'm after changing some settings since connected last week.

or if anyone had a similar problem like this before and knows how to fix it if it's actually something i'm after doing wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

The network is working, however the proxy auto config file is not.

You'll need to specify the proxy settings manually for both laplan 2.0 (and school of computing, *if you use it*)

Once you do this it seems to work as normal, still slower than dial up in the nursing building though :(

Good luck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

You don't need to specify the proxy.pac anymore. Should run fine with just the auto detect enabled.

And yes, they were quite busy with that virus thing.

Advertisement