Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody use CBus for their Home wiring

Options
  • 14-12-2005 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Considering CBus for new build.

Key requirements are -
    Dimming single circuits from multiple locations
    Control of lighting in external office and garage
    Control of outdoor lighting from multiple locations.

Just wondering if anybody has used it or alternatives and how they found it?

Also torn between using it on all circuits for future proofing or just on the circuits that require more complex switching

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭patrido

the ukha_d mailing list on yahoogroups has lots of people who are using cbus, and alternatives. it seems to be the system of choice at the moment. a post there should get you lots of advice.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_d/

it seems the guys who start small, eventually get really into it, so you might well kick yourself if you don't install it on all your circuits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Patrido,

Thanks I have from your earlier post found loads of info on that site and get their mailings, was hoping to find somebody this side of the water that took the plunge.... I have found a very helpful Irish system integrator in the South East who has quoted costs and everything and is cheaper than the online prices on cbusshop.

It looks the business alright just hoping to visit someone locally

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Towbar, any chance you could pass the guy's phone number this way please...?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Mick Furlong

Mobile 087-9679628

mick@furlong.remove.ie

What stage are you at with your CBUS?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

I'm not at any stage yet..... It's a new build and i'm just waiting on my sparks to start. But i'd love to try get this type of system installed. I'll give him a buzz tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Steve

• Advertisement

Anybody else out there considering this, maybe if we put in a bulk order we could get an even better price.

Advertisement