Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

materials for plasterer

Options
  • 14-12-2005 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Finally got a plasterer to do my pebbledashing for me, have told him I'll organise the materials. I have already done the scratchcoat for him, but hadnt got the balls to try the dashing myself!:o
    Jus wondering what I'll need to get him.
    Its around 5 m2 to be done. 2 bags cement and 8 bags sand?I know that would be enough to do the final coat but havent a clue about the dashing will he need more to mix up with the pebbles before he throws them onto it?
    How many bags of stones/pebbles should I get?Sorry havent a clue about it!:confused:
    Would appreciate any help!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Handiest way out of that one is to ask the plasterer, you just go and get the materials!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

My advice is shop around big time for plaster's materials. Just done it and saved over €800 for the same products! Get more than three quotes if you are ordering a lot. Bargain with the rep for the hardware company - you would be surprised they might be more hungry for your business than you think!

Advertisement