Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing floppy drive?

Options
  • 14-12-2005 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Hey i have an old compq pesario and planning to rebuild it just for general use (not much use for anything else) The thing is the power cable doesnt sit right in th eport so i tried to get in at it to see if anything could be done but the floppy drive is in the way!!

Tried looking for a way to take it out but couldnt see any easy way. Is there any trick to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If it's removable, there'll be a little latch on the underside to release the drive. If the laptop is old enough, it won't be possible to remove the drive without opening the laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Sorry had exams there, oh its old alright, not removable,already opened it but couldnt see an easy way of gettin it out!

anyone , is it hard to do?

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

It very much deprnds on the laptop. Some have quick release drives while others require the entire sub structure of the unit to be opened.

No I don't have a simple answer/trick for you but if it not obvious then it may be a bigger job than you think.

Cal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement