Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DaVinci Code Trailer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Same error :(

Theres a couple of trailers i havent been able to watch cos of the same problem. Had to use someones iBook to watch the X3 trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

worked for me.

maybe you need latest codecs....

google ffdshow and download it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

looks alright, nothing special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

yeah, looks good. worth a watch i'd say.

and i'd say the usual "book is better than the film" will apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

rugbug86 wrote:
    Hope not :v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Quicktime 7.0.3 here and I couldn't play the non-HD trailers. I had to suffer the download of the 480p one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

get quickalternative

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Trailer looked decent enough. I enjoyed the book, cant see why so many people have a problem with it. Was an enjoyable piece of fiction. Will certainly go see the movie.

Still cant see Hanks as Langdon though. Horribly mis-cast if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Kingp35 wrote:
    Still cant see Hanks as Langdon though. Horribly mis-cast if you ask me!
    My thoughts exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I thought the book was over rated so it cann't be much worse.

You can tell Dan Browne teaches creative writing

Lesson 10: How to write a page turner with out it being remotely creative.

I had to stop reading one of his other books as it was going down the same road as The DaVinci Code. :rolleyes:

If you go into the main Sony site you there are different formats for you to watch the trailer on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I think his books are comparible to your average hollywood blockbuster. Not very well written, somewhat predictable, always follow a set formula, but also quite entertaining.

I think his books are comparible to your average hollywood blockbuster. Not very well written, somewhat predictable, always follow a set formula, but also quite entertaining.

Yes, but is there a need to write anymore in novel form?

Also the character where quint essentially english, american or french.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

Looks decent enough, i'll go and see it. I'd love to see how they would tackle Angels & Deamons tho. Would be interesting to see if the Church would let them film anywhere near the Vatican, or even would they get licence to film in Rome at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The trailer looks okay. Hopefully the pace will be a bit slower than the trailer makes it look. The book was entertaining, and I expect the film to be the same. I don't expect it to be the best film I see next year, nor to win any awards, save for perhaps acting as the cast is impressive, but I do expect that it will be universally like, if thought to be uninspired.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

The casting looks good other than Tom Hanks (as much as I like him, I just can't take him seriously - whenever I see him all I can think of is that scene in The Burbs with the bone, "Ray, this is Walter!"). I enjoyed the book, hopefully I'll enjoy this too. I agree with rahim though, I'd almost prefer to see how they did Angels & Demons.

The "May 19th 2006 worldwide" is interesting - trying to reduce losses from piracy I guess. All the better for us.

The casting looks good other than Tom Hanks (as much as I like him, I just can't take him seriously - whenever I see him all I can think of is that scene in The Burbs with the bone, "Ray, this is Walter!").

I know what you mean.

I had the same feelings when he was going to be the Head Prison Warden in The Green Mile, I just couldn't see him in that role, but he was excellent.

As for this role I have a vision of him in a Grey Full-lenth Rain Coat, which makes me think of Inspector Gaget. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I dunno. I'm getting the feeling from watching it that it's kind of redundant. I mean, everyone in the world has read it at this stage. Even the little brown babies with AIDS who haven't got any food have still found time to read this book. Is there any actual point in filming it? We're all far too aware of the book's "twists." How can they make anything that even approaches entertaining and isn't just a retelling of a story that really wasn't all that impressive first time around? Any movie that can make me think "Well, maybe National Treasure wasn't so bad, because at least they were doing something slightly different" is clearly failing on some level.

I'd love to say I'm really looking forward to this film now, but I'm not.

But Audrey Tautou. Running around, looking cute. That I'm looking forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

heh you sound like your on Newsnight review or something like that!:D

this film is one big cash in but hey it worked on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

satchmo wrote:
    The "May 19th 2006 worldwide" is interesting - trying to reduce losses from piracy I guess. All the better for us.
    This is becoming more the norm now for big films for the very reason you gave.
    Sometimes there may be a week or so in between different regions to allow cast etc... attend local premiers and do promotional work etc..

This is going to be such a big hit.
    Wasnt a fan of the book myself... thought is was overhyped and nothing special.
    I'll still go see the movie though, but agree with Hanks being out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

rugbug86 wrote:
    yeah, looks good. worth a watch i'd say.

Doubt it....the book is s***e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

My thoughts exactly!

Mine too, he doesn't have that mystical thing going for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lanch

The DaVinci code is the lowest form of beach book pap, perfect for disillusioned middle aged women who believe that this sort of tripe could be real. How come in these types of books the lead male character is instantly attractive to the first female he encounters. The Doc in this book is around 50 and probably over weight, however as soon as he walks into the room all the women go weak at the knees and he knows straight away that he will be having intercourse with one of them before the evening is out. Given the opportunity, i'd love to beat Dan Brown to death with the hard back version of his ridiculous creation. I've never seen a book spawn so many "the real Davinci code..." t.v. documentaries!!! Christ Channel Five had a field day with the whole thing and usually their happy showing tittilating "exposes" of the sex trade after home and away!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

lanch wrote:
    The DaVinci code is the lowest form of beach book pap, perfect for disillusioned middle aged women who believe that this sort of tripe could be real. How come in these types of books the lead male character is instantly attractive to the first female he encounters. The Doc in this book is around 50 and probably over weight, however as soon as he walks into the room all the women go weak at the knees and he knows straight away that he will be having intercourse with one of them before the evening is out. Given the opportunity, i'd love to beat Dan Brown to death with the hard back version of his ridiculous creation. I've never seen a book spawn so many "the real Davinci code..." t.v. documentaries!!! Christ Channel Five had a field day with the whole thing and usually their happy showing tittilating "exposes" of the sex trade after home and away!!

yeah!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 astonvilla

Well that was a great reply, any point to it?????

takes more than 1 word to make a point of view!!!!!

but maybe "yeah" was all we can expect off you......

Advertisement