Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drain blockage - next step?

Options
  • 14-12-2005 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

So last night I put rods down my drain access point to clear a blockage. All that happened was when the rod head passed the drainhole for the en-suite it blew muck up through it. Not nice to clean up!

Now I only had 5 rods, and I figure that given what happened the problem is further on so I guess I'll go buy another 5 rods and see if that helps. If it doesn't what would my next step be - plumber? Hire one of those pump-trucks? Really want to get this one fixed asap for obvious reasons!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Rodded the drain last night. There's something rock solid down there - builder's rubble I'm guessing. I managed to get flow going again but I've gotta get the obstruction out. I guess I'll have to phone the pros? Any idea how they would go about removing a blockage like this?

Bumpity.
    Was it something I said? My aftershave? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

My mate had the same problem after a few months living in his newly built home...builders do have a habit of leaving their crap behind!

My mate used these guys, said they were good...give them a call i suppose and say that there is a debris obstruction in your drain. High pressure jetting is used to remove it and then the material is collected in the main manhole.

Hope that helps

SuperDrain & Environmental Ltd
    01-626 4200

It does indeed thanks. I didn't know that the high pressure jetting could break up concrete and bits of brick. If its that powerful would there be danger of destroying the drain pipe? Any idea how much this costs?

Thanks for the number - unfortunately I'm in Cork but I found similar in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

squibs wrote:
    I didn't know that the high pressure jetting could break up concrete and bits of brick. If its that powerful would there be danger of destroying the drain pipe? Any idea how much this costs?

Thanks for the number - unfortunately I'm in Cork but I found similar in the book.

Oh yeah it can. You'd be surprised what jetting can break up. Now it's not necessarily the water but more of a combination of the water pressure and the actual jetting head that breaks up whatever is in the pipes. No there will be no damage done to the pipes!

Dunno about Cork but in Dublin it's about 100E

• Advertisement

Thats great news Gazza. Many thanks for the help.

Advertisement