Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bus Tickets for 3 Euro

Options
  • 14-12-2005 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

I see signs up on the Bus for day saver tickets.
    Where you can pay 3 euro and use the Liemrick Buses (Local city ones)
    as much as you like all day long.

Make me wonder thought do they have a cut off point time wise.
    They might limit the usage to Day only and not include the night time
    (eg: after 18:00)

I remember seeing Old people getting on the bus in the past
    where some cranky bus driver started telling them they could only
    use their OAP pass after 10:30 in the morning and before a certain time at night.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

how many times is one going to go into town in a day anyway. you go in to work/college/shopping in the morning you come home in the evening.

are there many that would go in to town go home and go back into town again and then go home again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Well if you want to go from Caherdavin to Castletroy or Raheen, you have to get a bus into town and then a bus to your destination (most times, unless you're lucky enough to get the odd direct one) plus 2 buses back, so in that case the day saver works in your favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

yeah, its a great incentive, like in chicago you can get a bus/train ticket and use that ticket with 2 hours on a bus/train for free. Say you get the train in .. and then want a bus to somewhere .. its great!
    But i like this idea! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

The €1.25 bus tickets should last for 1 hour so you can get where you need to [if your traveling across town] it would be very handy instead of paying €2.50 just to get to the otherside of town, which is a bit expensive.
    Like in Vancouver you pay between $1.80-$2.25 [depending where you buy your ticket] and you can use the bus, skytrain or seabus in the same zone for 90mins. Which is great

Advertisement