Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acting

• 14-12-2005 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Who here acts on and off tv? Iv been on tv once and im mostly acting on stage, Im also a student in the Derry tech.

Its nice to finally be around people who loves Drama, anywhere else people just look at you and say have you lost a screw.

Hehe some times i think i have.

I love to be in character in the sreets of derry.:v: hehe one day me and my friends acted like big babies who lost our mummys and everyone was looking at us all funny.:eek: Its art :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 musicality

Queenie,

I will be on TV in "Stardust",a TV drama based on the tragedy of 1981 on Dulbin's northside.Will be on RTE in Feb 2006.I have a small part in it with dialogue and play a featured burns victim.I do castings also for TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I've done lots of TV. Mainly Power City adds, the UTV weather, Crimecall, and Fair City. I will be on RTE 2 in the new year. It's a six part feature length Docu-Drama based on the 1987 Eurovision song contest. I play Johnny Logan's wardrobe manager. I actually got to work along side Linda Martin. She's a real pro!

Excellent Sturgo,

Where abouts did you train?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

The Billy Barrys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Gaillimhtaibhse

Anyone know of a top agent in Dublin? I do mostly stage, stills, and ramp/walkway, but breaking into Irish TV might be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Its nice to finally be around people who loves Drama, anywhere else people just look at you and say have you lost a screw.

and isn't it ironic that everyone wants to be in the movies? :rolleyes: acting is awesome and it's loads of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

and isn't it ironic that everyone wants to be in the movies? :rolleyes: acting is awesome and it's loads of fun.
    I like acting and drama for the expressionism of it. The folk who like acting because they want to be on T.V or in movies don't have any real interest in acting in my opinion, they are just those who wish for fame.

Laguna wrote:
    I like acting and drama for the expressionism of it. The folk who like acting because they want to be on T.V or in movies don't have any real interest in acting in my opinion, they are just those who wish for fame.

:v: Is there more than one medium for creative expression through acting?

:v: Are there few actors on Broadway who are driven by fame?

:v: Are there no great actors found on the silver screen?

:v: Can great acting and fame coexist?

:v: Does great acting result in fame?

acting is awesome and it's loads of fun.

Acting fun? Agree. I'm paid to play, but would play without pay if need be.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

:v: Is there more than one medium for creative expression through acting?

:v: Are there few actors on Broadway who are driven by fame?

:v: Are there no great actors found on the silver screen?

:v: Can great acting and fame coexist?

:v: Does great acting result in fame?
    Read what I said again - don't deride me on the basis on something you *thought* you read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭redcrew

I've only got into the whole acting thing in the past few years but it is brilliant...growing up I always suppressed the urge in myself because I was the sensible one...wish I had someone who had encouraged me while I was younger, I loved school plays and that but that was as far as it went. I remember they were doing auditions for Angela's Ashes and I so wanted to go but didn't have the courage to ask anyone to bring me...that is the moment I regret most, if I had tried then I would've done a lot more. I only got back to the idea when I went to college and even then it took a few years...I'm finally on the right track though and have joined Galway Youth Theatre...which is bloody fantastic and has absolutely brilliant people working in it from the other actors to set designers and directors....so here's hoping!

Acting for TV/Film/Theatre is a preference.TV/Film is also well better paid as a living and more people prefer it as anyone can learn the "monkey work" that is involved in hitting your spot and delivering your lines.It is the creativity and signalling/subtext that you establish when you hit your mark that makes good soap opera or film etc.

Theatre is great.Do or die with your dialogue.More freedom on stage to create.Longer rehearsal periods to really create that detailed,colored character.

Advertisement