Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Gloss paint off walls

Options
  • 13-12-2005 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi

I have recently purchased a house which has about 1mm of gloss paint on a rendered brickwork on the froont of the house , this has cracked and peeled off in locations.

Does anyone know how hard or easy this paint would be to remove , i know some of it would just pull off as it's half way off already but don't want to tackle it then fing tht i can't remove all of it.

Help, should i try this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Phew!

Well there could be many a ways to get rid of it...Sandblasting, high pressure water hose might work,all depends on how sound paint is on brickwork,you might get lucky then again you might not.

Did you have a look in yellow pages,I think there is companys that do this.Good thing is as well it will bring up bricks like they were new.Also you might have to re-point brickwork...

Goodluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Rendered brick suggests to me that the brick wall has been plastered ?

That would mean you are removing the paint from a plaster finish which should mean that you can use a power washer to lift off the paint because oil paint like gloss doesn't usually soak into the plaster.

I will bow to mad m's knowledge where paint is concerned ;)

Advertisement