Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam...............

Options
  • 13-12-2005 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

OH MY GOD, just checkin my inbox, whats happeneing??

150 bleedin msgs, all spam?

it's pants :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*snigger*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

It's ****ing pathetic. Whoever is doing it needs to get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

maybe it's a hint.. *stares at crotch*

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

I second kaimera's snigger. Ah, first year, how innocent I was back then.

Glad I'm not on that mailing list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rhurja

This is a job for Lord Chessington... Where are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Like I'm gettin ready for karaoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't be spending my day with this! arse

budthedub wrote:
    Can't be spending my day with this arse

get a new one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

rhurja wrote:
    This is a job for Lord Chessington... Where are you?

LOL, in a superhero type of way??

Just picturing sending the beacon up into the campus night sky!
    and moments later LC turns up in his ant-spammobile!

nananananana *Lord Chessington* !

Seriously tho, someone beat me to the idea of requesting a password from coollist and un-subscribing, however, all it takes is some muppet going back to subscribe again!
    UL boards bash could take on a whole new meaning.

*Ka-Pow* *Wham* *Bash*

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

kaimera wrote:
    get a new one...

ha ha ha ha ha very funny!?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Lord Chessington is inept!

If you want this problem solved you need to complain to ITD, the message is not being received/heeded by the higher echelons of management. Email the service desk or ITD management (and dont tell them i told you do so ;) )

This morning i noticed student spam in my staff account...this should be a little wake up call...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kodute wrote:
    Email the service desk or ITD management

Whats the email addy for IDT?

Peteee wrote:
    Whats the email addy for IDT?

As far as I know, there is no such way to contact ITD, unless you want to target an individual. It's worth having a look at Section 7 of the Regulations on the Usage of the University’s Email System:

http://www.rhw.ul.ie/ITD/Regulations%20%20-%20Usage%20of%20the%20University's%20Email%20Service.htm

If a spammer sufficiently gets to me (as happened this morning, when a particular 1st year spammed not only all students, but quite possibly all staff too) I reply to them with a stiff message, saying I'm going to report them. It didn't work this morning - it seems that the email account of that student had already been dropped from the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

am impressed by your hard-assed-ness. :D

first year bashing seems to be a hobby here. why dont we set up a thread detailing exactly why we hate those who can drink themselves sensless and not worry about theseisisiess and assignments, because their QCA doesnt count and they think spam is funny and...and.... oh the humanity...

keevita wrote:
    oh the humanity...

Hindenburg%2003.jpg

Anyhoo, yeah they have nothing to deal with tbh, cept spam, and thats punishment enough!

Oh god how I remember teh lackadaisacal days of 1st year! Doing nothing all day.....sounds a lot like 3rd year! :D

keevita wrote:
    am impressed by your hard-assed-ness. :D

first year bashing seems to be a hobby here. why dont we set up a thread detailing exactly why we hate those who can drink themselves sensless and not worry about theseisisiess and assignments, because their QCA doesnt count and they think spam is funny and...and.... oh the humanity...

Maybe I should have left the 1st year bit out.. makes no difference. And maybe I should have mentioned the fact that I sent the email from my staff account, letting them know that I'd be taking it to a colleague in ITD. But, as kodute said above, Lord Chessington can't do a thing, and our superiors can't seem to either.. oh well..

keevita wrote:
    first year bashing seems to be a hobby here.

not quite; there have been plenty of spam ****ty emails from 2/3 years aswell.
    it's just the prick who signed up all year1 for the .net passport deserves to be beaten.

FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW etc cte tec ****.

muppets.

what exactly is the story with not having a contact email for ITD? Surely one email can't kill them can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

kaimera wrote:
    what exactly is the story with not having a contact email for ITD? Surely one email can't kill them can it?
    It's so they wont get spam.

Aside - Taught my a/c was hacked and my password was changed but caps was on.

kaimera wrote:

Id imagine its so we wont have pesky students bothering us with their annoying problems so we can get back to our job of serving the universitys IT needs.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Its simple as this: <snip>

I edited this thread because badmouthing management could get me fired. But I could shorten what I said down to this: Ive given up doing anything about the email because nobody listens to me.

Ah well, at least your trying!

I hate management types, they never listen :mad:

• Advertisement

Ive given up doing anything about the email because nobody listens to me.

boo hoooo my boss doesnt love me!!
    Give into blissful apathy, let those who dont have spam filters suffer!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

some of the products they are selling seem really good though
    has anyone had any luck with the penis enlarging cream ?
    its for a friend ........ honest

Advertisement