Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music for an 8 yr old!

Options
  • 13-12-2005 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

my nephew is 8 and my friend wants to buy him a cd of a rock band or the like as he likes Mc Fly but has their album.....any suggestions?? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 silverbug

Try Foo Fighters, colour and the shape album
    or enima of the state by Blink 182. I know so many great musicans who got into rock through those albums and still love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Brother A

eh...someone call the ISPCC on the previous poster...

---
    Get him: Best of Bruce Springsteen,
    OR
    Best of U2 might be a good bet too.
    (Do not get 'How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb!)

If you're considering defunct 'rock' bands: your safest bet is the mighty Led Zeppelin (album: Led Zeppelin 4 maybe?).

---
    Modern Young Bands: Well you could sentence him to a life of MOR listening by getting maybe Coldplay, Keane, the Killers, The Kaiser Chiefs etc. etc.,
    but nevertheless these are young & apparently alive, which there is a lot to be said for in the world of 'rock'.

---
    Good Modern Young Bands:
    You could get him The Arctic Monkeys, but these are quite noisy & swear a little bit too.
    The Streets...not 'rock', but not bad at all.

---
    Or you could get him some real quality like Elvis or the Bee Gees or Jackson 5, but sadly, these are not very cool at all and his friends would probably laugh and throw stones at him if they found out -sniff-

---
    The Beatles:
    Good undoubtedly, but 50% dead & a little wimpy too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 silverbug

Dude the guy is eight!! Dont get me wrong i love alot of those bands but your talking about an eight year old here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I know an 8 year old GNR fan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Death - Individual Thought Patterns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think some good old Guns'n'roses and AC/DC wouldn't go a miss.

I was listening to Metallica at 8, so I don't see the problem. ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I was listening to Metallica at 8, so I don't see the problem. ;)

eh....? :p

I agree with Giblet and Karl, get the kid GNR appetite for destruction. He'll be rocking out and burning cars by his 12th bday. Proabably a good way to get him interested in playing guitar too...

Advertisement