Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keepalive function - Apache Web Server.

Options
  • 13-12-2005 4:05pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not too sure if this is the correct forum but the Web Hosting section hasn't seen a post in 2 years now :)

I'm managing a solution for a client which involves a web access for the supervision of his agencies and daily/monthly stats.

My problem is that it can take up to 2 minutes for some of the SQL queries to be returned and my clients proxy server kills the connection after 50 seconds if my server hasn't replied by then.

Am I right in thinking that I need to reconfigure Apache server to allow "keep alive" commands and that the guy who runs the proxy also needs to modify something on his side or is it just me that needs to make the modifications? I ask because I was sure that Apache was already setup with KeepAlive on but it doesn't seem to have any affect for the enduser.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Actually reading over my post I seem to have confused myself. I'm guessing that after 50 seconds the HTTP proxy is cutting the connection due to inactivity. I believed that the keepalive function in apache would act like a NOOP command in ftp, returning a response to the proxy just to keep the connection open.

So if I have finally understood correctly my question is now, is there anyway that I can send a command to the proxy server, via apache, to prevent the 50-second timeout?

Advertisement