Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad LLB

Options
  • 13-12-2005 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about this course other than whats on the Prospectus? Tough two years? Well administrated and taught? etc, etc..
    Oh and does it integrate with the other undergraduate legal courses or is it entirely seperate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

As far as I know it does mingle more or less completely with the undergraduate law and european studies and law and accounting classes, I'm not even sure if the exams are separate.

From looking at the prospectus you'd be doing the same subjects as someone doing the 4 year law and european studies degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭chubba1984

I'm fairly sure that the LLBs attend the same lectures and do the same exams as us (Law & Acc undergrad) i.e. same module codes. I know there's no non-Law & Acc people in our Land Law 2 this semester but I believe that it's an elective for the LLB. Dunno bout company law (We rarely fraternise with Law & Euro so wouldn't recognise those faces anyway!!) but I"m fairly sure there's some postgrads in it.

On the assumption that they are the same lectures and exams I'd say doing it in 2 years would be tough but if you are interested in law (I'm not really) I'd say it would be a very good option. You will also find that some areas of law are extremely interesting (for me public and land law) and some you just won't and will have to graft at (E.U. Law for me). Each subject would have 2 lectures each week and a tutorial every other week.

As with all courses you will get some good and bad lecturers but overall the quality is fairly good. Some use a wide cariety of overheads, handouts etc. to help you along whereas some others just give a lecture with no learning aids and your hand can get fairly sore! The library resources are reasonable i.e. may be only 1 or 2 of some essential reading texts but generally you will be able to access them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭geraghd

Cheers, thats great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭*yoda*

good shtuff outta you chubba

Advertisement