Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uwe Boll's Bloodrayne: Trailer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I loved the game......

Will still go see the movie. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Actually looks kinda good despite the fact its Uwe Boll. I might just check this one out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Is this the same guy who did that crappy x-files type film Alone In The Dark. Did he do House Of The Dead? If so I'll give him one more chance, 3 strikes and he's out. Ah who am I kidding, I'd watch anything;)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

Looks like it could go either way, i can see it being entertaining but then again if they mess it up even a little it'll look much worse because of the type of film it is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I dunno, it's a bad sign when a snappily edited trailer still has moments of very stiff looking action.
    After all, this film will balance on the quality of the fight scenes and nothing else (except maybe the amount of times Loken gets nekkid)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

flogen wrote:
    I dunno, it's a bad sign when a snappily edited trailer still has moments of very stiff looking action.
    After all, this film will balance on the quality of the fight scenes and nothing else (except maybe the amount of times Loken gets nekkid)

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

It looks like a load of arse. The closest i'll get to watching this is when I stab Uwe Boll in the face with a spoon.

garred wrote:
    Is this the same guy who did that crappy x-files type film Alone In The Dark. Did he do House Of The Dead? If so I'll give him one more chance, 3 strikes and he's out. Ah who am I kidding, I'd watch anything;)

The very same. A treat is in store I'm sure. However, Alone in the Dark may have been crap, but it was thankfully a tad more respectable then House of the Dead, which in my books rivals Robocop III as worst film ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The reviews for it so far are diabolical.
    It bears no relation to the character in the game.
    Bloodrayne was about a vampire fighting Nazis.
    Instead the film has to be some complicated business about a ragtag pair of vampire hunters trying to get Rayne to join their cause to kill the king of the vampires, or something like that.
    They could have made a really good film but its a load of steaming horse manure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

looks like a pile of piss to be honest...excepth the girl on girl (vampire on vampire?) scene :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Uwe Boll did do both alone in the dark and house of the dead.Alone in the dark was OK but house of the dead was so bad it was funny. I hopefull this will be good. Uwe Boll has a load of video game/movie tie in films in the works. I think he is going to be doing Farcry soon as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

according to IMDB:
    # Fear Effect (2008) (announced)
    # Postal (2007) (announced)
    # Far Cry (2006) (announced)
    # Hunter: The Reckoning (2007) (pre-production)
    # In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2006) (post-production)

hopefully slighlty better game to movie releases like Doom, Halo and Wolvenstein will help keep a torch shining for future crossovers, but they could all suck too.

flogen wrote:
    hopefully slighlty better game to movie releases like Doom, Halo and Wolvenstein will help keep a torch shining for future crossovers, but they could all suck too.

Have you seen Doom? Its almost as bad as House of the Dead. Utterly terrible, terrible movie.

Wolfenstein I assume you meant there? I heard rumours ages ago of a movie, never heard anything substantial though, is it announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

God, I really hate when movie people think they don't need to get details like the hair right. The hair was one of the few recognisable traits of the character and funky hair colours tend to attract people to game boxes as if to say "this character is alternative and interesting, why not check them out?". Heck, it worked for FF:TA.

Mary Jane in Spider-man, for instance, was pictured numerous times along ginger hair girls, and it's obvious that her hair is meant to be a very redd-ish red, yet they give her an orange Wig in SM2?

Same for Jean Grey in X-men. I'm very surprised Storm had white and not blonde hair, as that's what they normally do. Sometimes they just get it plain wrong, like Betty Ross in Hulk(who was red haired in the comics, and blonde in the cartoons/some comics, where did they even get that from)?

They do it all the time though. Which makes it more of a shame for people like me who have mad hair colours as so few people are seen as having them on your telly they retain their "freak" status indefinitely. I'm just scared that they'll make a Sonic the Hedgehog movie and have him brown instead of blue because it's more "realistic".

But yeah, I honestly don't understand why it was so difficult for them to get the hair right. It costs, at most, $20 to bleach and dye someone's hair bright red, and very little for a haircut, if they somehow run out of their wig budget.

The costume is off too. Totally sexed down.

Anyway, end rant. I'm a big nitpicker.

Someone needs to make a Darkstalkers movie; that's a heck of lot more well known a "vampirey" game property than Bloodrayne, and has a cast of kickass characters.

But only if they give Morrigan and Felicia Green and Blue hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

flogen wrote:
    according to IMDB:
    # Fear Effect (2008) (announced)
    # Postal (2007) (announced)
    # Far Cry (2006) (announced)
    # Hunter: The Reckoning (2007) (pre-production)
    # In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2006) (post-production)

Did someone mistake his subscription to Variety for PC Gamer, I wonder?

Advertisement