Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M:I:III Trailer

Options
  • 13-12-2005 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/missionimpossible3.html

After the amazingly terrible M:I II (I admit I enjoyed the first one), we have the latest offering. And so far it seems to offer little that recent Bond movies haven't. Indeed, it seems to be made up of set pieces straight from recent Bond movies, in the hopes that we have forgotten them...

The white haired baddie is also looking a tad overcooked, and somewhat camp.

Not holding a lot of hope for this one yet.

At least they used the proper music this time...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I enjoyed the second more than the first I think. Less pretentious.. more stupid, but more fun. John Woo fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Didnt enjoy the second one at all. Trailer looks ok to me, lots of explosions and a few cute womens, just what you'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mission Impossible is supposed to be about team work...not Tom Cruise taking on dozens of guys on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I didn't have sound whan I watched it (college PC), but if the bad guy is the same dude as the gay guy in Boogie Nights, then I won't be able to take him seriously. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It's Philip Seymour Hoffman. Good actor -- been in a lot more than Boogie Nights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Looks ok but nothing that would excite me. Ill have to wait until closer to the time before deciding to go and see this one

is lindsay lohan in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Tusky wrote:
    Mission Impossible is supposed to be about team work...not Tom Cruise taking on dozens of guys on his own.

Amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

is lindsay lohan in it?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I think the link to the trailer is broken. The one I checked out took me to an episode of 24 starring Tom Cruise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

J J Abrams is directing this and writing it too.
    It will be a good film,alot of talent involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

J J Abrams is directing this and writing it too.
    It will be a good film,alot of talent involved.
    The proof is certainly not in the trailer, I'm afraid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

Very poor trailer. I enjoyed both MI movies, good action.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Didn't enjoy MI:2 as much as Mission:Impossible but the Mission:Impossible films were great little popcorn flicks. Just leave-your-brain-at-the-door type of films... plenty of action, thrills and explosions - nothing more, nothing less!

Trailer looks like more of the same - bring it on i say!

Also, JJ Abrams writing and directing and with the always phenomenal Philip Seymour Hoffman as the villain - i'm there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

trailer's not so brilliant but MI films are decent enough

carrie-anne moss of matrix fame is also in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

basquille wrote:
    Didn't enjoy MI:2 as much as Mission:Impossible but the Mission:Impossible films were great little popcorn flicks. Just leave-your-brain-at-the-door type of films... plenty of action, thrills and explosions - nothing more, nothing less!

Trailer looks like more of the same - bring it on i say!

Also, JJ Abrams writing and directing and with the always phenomenal Philip Seymour Hoffman as the villain - i'm there! :D

Thats the thing... they arent supposed to be leave your brain at the door action films. Thats never what mission impossible was about.

Advertisement