Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You should check out VOIPBuster

Options
  • 12-12-2005 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

I just found out about VOIPBuster, http://www.voipbuster.com.
    It allows you to make free PC to phone to many countries and for other countries the rates are better than SkypeOut.

I tried it out and the quality is excellent, I thought better than Skype. I nearly forgot that it was not a regular phone to phone call.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Do you work for VOIP buster? Their non-free calls are a bit pricey!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Pretty sure voipbuster has been discussed before a few times and its even included on the provider list - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2679464&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 15 twentyfive

Cabaal wrote:
    Pretty sure voipbuster has been discussed before a few times and its even included on the provider list - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2679464&postcount=2

Ok.. Chek this out www.skypho.net , this gives you a free number in Italy or in Romania and cheaper than Skype Out for most of places and I do not work for any of these companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

thumbs up on voipbuster, using them with my asterisk server, free calls to the listed destinations, quality is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

twentyfive wrote:
    Ok.. Chek this out www.skypho.net , this gives you a free number in Italy or in Romania and cheaper than Skype Out for most of places and I do not work for any of these companies.
    great find. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 seanpd

paulm17781 wrote:
    Do you work for VOIP buster? Their non-free calls are a bit pricey!

No I don't work for VOIPbuster. Just thought I would help people out by letting them know about it. My post was meant to let people know about the free pc-to-phone calls to Ireland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Another one from that lot.
    Free calls to some odd destinations!

http://www.voipstunt.com/en/rates.html

Enjoy!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am only getting one min free with VOIPBuster,do I need some cash in my account to get the free calls.Or is one min the max you can get free...?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Use www.internetcalls.com same people new site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Dub13 wrote:
    I am only getting one min free with VOIPBuster,do I need some cash in my account to get the free calls.Or is one min the max you can get free...?

You need to stick money in the account. Min of €5 or €10 depending on the provider. See their FAQ.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

sirlinux wrote:
    Use www.internetcalls.com same people new site.

Thanks I will try it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

No money is needed with this one. Same crowd as before but you wont need to buy credit to continue to make free calls.

www.voipdiscount.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Really? This is what the site says:

Not only you can call your online friends for free, VoipDiscount also offers free calls to ANY regular land-line in various popular destinations (see panel).

To counter misuse of our network we have limited these free calls to a maximum of 1 minute for our trial users. If you want to enjoy UNLIMITED FREE CALLS to these destinations, you have to become a fully registered user by topping up your account. This credit deposit will stay untouched as long as you are calling the free destinations and remains valid for 120 days after your last purchase (unless stated otherwise).

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well I have been using this for the last few weeks along with a good few of my mates and none of us have bought any credit from them.

So maybe in the future they will go like voipbuster, but at present you do NOT need to buy credit to have the one minute restriction lifted.

Advertisement