Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stink of Cat Pee!

Options
  • 12-12-2005 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all,

I hope you can help with this household problem. Our cat, who is normally such a good boy(!), pee'd on the carpet in our study. The stink is absolutely horrendous and it's been like that for days despite endless scrubbing with Vanish Oxi Action and spraying of Febreeze! (Not trying to advertise here!) Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of the smell?! Apart from it being horrible its also quite embarassing when visitors come round!

LG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Tobi2

Tea Tree oil (again) is magic stuff for getting rid of nasty smells.
    Also a natural antiseptic and ?antibacterial properties so will do more than you require.
    For cat pee, I would dab a few drops on the offending area and wipe with damp cloth.
    Also baking soda has deodorising properties and another magic potion one should always have to hand.
    You could put it on neat and again wipe with damp cloth or make a paste and wipe in and rinse away later.
    Tea tree should def work though.
    Can be purchased in most chemsits/health food/eco stores these days.

Tobi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

Thanks Tobi

I've never heard of the teatree oil suggestion - but then again I've never had this problem before! I've look it up and a lot of people say baking soda does not work for some reason. I will try the teatree oil though..

LG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

try the www.irishanimals.com website and it might give you a solution

Advertisement