Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Sprays?

Options
  • 11-12-2005 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

Anyone whos done custom spray jobs have any reccomendations for decent spray paints available in Dublin.
    Looking for really good metallics in Black and Bright Alien Green will pay well for them?
    Oh and glitter clear coat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Anyone whos done custom spray jobs have any reccomendations for decent spray paints available in Dublin.
    Looking for really good metallics in Black and Bright Alien Green will pay well for them?
    Oh and glitter clear coat?

Go into a decent car spares shop, they usually have Holts Spraypaint. I used it on 2 of my cases and it came out very nicely. The spares shop in navan also had a large range of colours to choose from so that was nice :). Remember though - Sand-spray-sand-spray-sand-clearcoat. Think thats the routine, there are loads of good guides on the net.
    The first time i did it i couldnt be bothered with all the sanding, i was stupid, it comes out so much better if you put the work in :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Yeah the holts black is good but they dont have a bright green. Would u check the store in navan cause the place i know has a limited selection, Im looking for some thing like this
    http://www.flightsim.com/review/alien/Cyborg_Green.jpg
    For the inside of my new rig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Ill go check tommorow if im in town, take a few pics and show you what they have :).

Cheers man! Just I dont wann end up getting crap paint and not being happy with it! And yup the 2000grit it waiting for the coloursanding to start :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Go to tallaght autoparts, off the greenhills road... They'll match any car colour u can find, all u need is the code. They can also give u the catalogue of colours n u can pic one from that... There's a s**t load of colours... Its the best quality spray u can get as its basically the same paint thats used on cars

• Advertisement

Ah ha PERFECT exatly what I was looking for.
    Cheers dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Don't go spraying cases in your garage this time of year. The cold will make a balls of it.
    If you can fit it in an oven/temperature-controlled area, do so. Cook (cure) the paint.
    I assume you've either enough experience or enough reading-up done to know about undercoat, spraying technique, patience etc. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

What i did was stick a couple of rads in the garage(i had a few oil filled rads) n it kept it nice n toasty for the few days i spent doing my case..

Yup its going to be done is a nice warm place. Yeah I know ALL about preparation.
    Blody two weeks sandig grrr, now the wet sanding betweek coats and clears.
    On a HUGE case.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm spraying my stacker soon too, interior though.

Fun.

• Advertisement

Im doing in and out :v:
    In is going to be candy green and out is going to be a custom airbrushed black metallic colour flip ala s7-lrg.jpg
    but darker ala
    s11-lrg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Sounds like a cool idea, just make you spray VERY light coats, keep sanding between coats. 3 or 4 light coats should do it and then a clear coat, just dont get lazy and put 2 heavy coats on it, you'll make a balls out of it

Heh yeah I did that with my first case! Big mistake. This is my 6th though :v:

Hmmmmm tallaght cant paint match so Endurance ya wanna see if yout paint pla ce has any? oh YGPM aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Try PR Reillys in Kilbarrack Industrial Estate.

They do a couple of paints like Glasurit & House of Kolor.

http://www.team.ie

Advertisement