Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop insurance - theft

Options
  • 11-12-2005 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I'm looking at insurance for the Ferrari I'm buying over Christmas, and the insirance provided by Acer. it doesn't cover theft. While I will be getting their insurance, what are the options for me as regards theft? Get a policy just for the laptop itself by myself, or include it under house contents, or what?
    Cheers, WP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

i just got mine insured on fbd for about 40 yo yos just ring your house insurers and ask them the people on boards dont allways know everything

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

beno is that just for the laptop?

does that include if it's stolen from outside your house ie in transit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

House contents usually covers it once its declared to them. Mine covers items under 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

House contents usually covers it once its declared to them. Mine covers items under 2000.
    yeah but does the house contents cover it, if it's stolen say on the dart/bus/college etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Cremo wrote:
    yeah but does the house contents cover it, if it's stolen say on the dart/bus/college etc.?

Depends on the policy. AFAIK some do, some don't.

Advertisement