Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoring headers?

Options
  • 11-12-2005 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

All my pro evo life i've been cack at scoring with my head, which makes me quite ineffectual from corner kicks and set-pieces. Also makes me poor to attack from the wings.

Problem is whenever I cross the ball in a big defender seems to get there first and belt it away. I can't beat the defender for pace to the front post and header one in like my mates can. I think its down to my poor timing, i'm bad with headers all over the pitch.

Any tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

i just keep hittin square :P sometimes works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

maybe ur problem is crossing it badly? are u just pressing cross once to lob it in or are you double/triple tapping it to make the cross go at head/foot height?

As for corners once you get the hang of where to hit it in and at what strength to do it at they are pretty easy to score

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

press the black button to stand back, and attack with a header.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Mess around against the computer, vary the timing and the pposition of where you cross the ball in (rather then trying to perfect your square button timing). Crosses, imho, are only really effective on the break. If the defence has any time to organise your better off trying to dribble it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

zabbo wrote:
    press the black button to stand back, and attack with a header.

works best for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

In my opinion, the game is set up with a probability weighting on crosses. Something like: for 80% of crosses, the defender will get there first, no matter what.

To beat these odds you just have to sling in as many crosses as possible. You'll eventually connect with one. Also I find that you get a slight edge by actively "competing" for the cross. By this I mean, hold the shoot button while moving your box player towards the ball. If the defending player isn't doing the same there's a good chance you might nick in in front of them.

I think they might have increased the odds in the defender's favour for PES5. PES3 & 4 were goldmines for scoring with headers. Used to be my main way of getting goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

hold r2 once the ball is in the air and you can move your player around. use this as much as possible you'll soon be positioning yourself for some great headers :)

Advertisement