Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Richard Pryor

Options
  • 10-12-2005 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭

The great comedian Richard Pryor Died today, at 65 from a heart attack.
    That's sad. His stand up is some of the best I've ever seen. Even all these years later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Very sad news - Excellent stand up comedian and actor. RIP Richard Pryor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

RIP.

they'll play superman 3 or whatever he was in now, wont they? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

He'll be missed. An absolute legend. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Thats a shame. The poor guy had it pretty tough the last 10 years or so with parkinsons.
    Speaking of Superman 3, they actually paid Pryor more than Christopher Reeves who played Superman because Pryor was such a huge draw at the time. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

It was MS he had as far as I can remember....

Yeah, great comedy actor. 'Hear no evil, see no evil' is still one of my favourite films today...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Third_Echelon got there before me. I still laugh at "see no evil, hear no evil" today. Him and Gene Wilder had such great chemistry on screen. Go take a look at "stir crazy" and you can see how well they worked together back then. Great actor, great comedian, great memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I only really knew him in See No Evil, Hear No Evil and Superman 3. But a mate got a DVD of his show. He was a great comedian, and I actually remember saying during it 'whatever happened to him'. Its a real shame, although he did make over 40 films and theres a few DVD's now, so at least he left something for us to remember how funny he was.

RIP Richard Pryor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, great comedy actor. 'Hear no evil, see no evil' is still one of my favourite films today...

Definetly one of the best comedies out there, the part where he realises he's black had me in absolute tears, and still does. "Does dad know!?" :D

Advertisement