Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do you sweep?

• 10-12-2005 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

I've asked people before and they just said practice.
    Practice what?!
    How do you sweep pick?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

It's basicly like struming a very fast chord but only playing each string instead of
    playing the strings all at once. You do have to practise allot and it is quite hard too perfect.

Heres a link.
    http://www.cyberfret.com/techniques/sweep-picking/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

Cool thanks man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

Thank you for asking the question, I'd never heard of the technique before but it answers so many questions about how I should be playing some of my own licks. I hate being lazy...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Thanks to this thread I learned to sweep properly, handy link there, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

Oddly, I always thought this technique was called "sweet picking". I gess all my guitarist friends just can't pronounce it. But this isn't relevant to the topic, so I'm running away now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oddly, I always thought this technique was called "sweet picking". I gess all my guitarist friends just can't pronounce it. But this isn't relevant to the topic, so I'm running away now.

You know, the first time I heard of it, I thought it was "Sweet picking" aswell, so I don't think that's too scarce a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Practice like theres no tomorrow!! its arkward at first... and takes a while to get them nice and clean... u spend more time muting unwanted noise than playing the notes... Use the neck pickup and practice with a guitar plugged in so u can hear ever noise... starts slow and with 3 string ones simple shapes.. use a metranome... if u cant play it good and clean slow... How will u play it good and clean fast?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

You know, the first time I heard of it, I thought it was "Sweet picking" aswell, so I don't think that's too scarce a mistake.

The first few months playing guitar I used to think I was playing guitar "rifts". How red in the face I was when I learned they were "riffs" :mad:

BossArky wrote:
    The first few months playing guitar I used to think I was playing guitar "rifts". How red in the face I was when I learned they were "riffs" :mad:
    No I thought the same thing!
    I just checked back to this thread, I'm starting to get there but my ****ing guitar broke*sigh*so I have to find a solder iron now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

munky wrote:
    I just checked back to this thread, I'm starting to get there but my ****ing guitar broke*sigh*so I have to find a solder iron now.

Broke? In what sense?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

ah, nothing worse then a broken guitar :(

munky wrote:

as in Pantera I'm broken?

NO broke as in the wire's connecting the tone switch have come loose and need re-soldering, ut should be ok though cuz it's a cheap guitar so it'll give me some experence in fixing guitars if I ever get the money together to buy a decent one.

Advertisement